Christian Divers in Fort Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vanshook:
What group do you fall in? What was that part about casting stones, planks in the eye?

vanshook, for what it's worth, Dennis was actually describing a true event of one of our very own, who is an incredible person, friend, dive buddy, and Conchette.
Come join us on any outing; you'll find Christian's and non-Christian's; every single one I've met as yet have been open-minded, just plain enjoyable people to dive with and hang out with.

Come find us at OceanFest this weekend; we'll have on Scubaboard T-Shirts for easy identification!

There are Christians among us...The Conchs are a good crowd of folks, some are just nuttier than others. Most all I have dived with are excellent divers. Those that aren't, dont stick around for very long..

Scuba_Jenny:
There are Christians among us...The Conchs are a good crowd of folks, some are just nuttier than others. Most all I have dived with are excellent divers. Those that aren't, dont stick around for very long..

They don't stick around 'cause she drowns them!

:D

Hey! That wasn't very nice! :sad:

Scuba_Jenny:
Hey! That wasn't very nice! :sad:

Oh.. okay... My mean streak showed up..

She really doesn't drown them....

We just don't tell them when and where we are diving next...

:dance:

vanshook:
My wife and I are relatively new to the area and are looking for some Christian Dive buddies. We dive mainly from our own boat and would like to share the experience with some other believers.

Does anyone know of any Christian diver's club in the area or local church with such a club?

I'm sure your intentions here are nothing more than warm and genuine, but I must say you certainly didn't use much tact in your post. If your looking for new friends in this area, you might want to rethink your approach. It truly could be a win win situation if your think it through next time. Here you are with your religion and would like to associate with divers with your same belief. I'm having a problem with the way your going about it. You see, if I came on line and said, I'm new to the area and would like to dive with other American Indians, I would be perceived as being racial in some way. If you really want to make new friends in this diving community I would urge you to have a more open Christian heart. Could you imagine if everyone acted this way, there would never be any new Christians.

I think there is nothing wrong with the first post, but I have issues with some of the replies. Some of the comments made here are most inappropriate.

I enjoy diving with christian divers, as well as jewish, muslim, hindu, shinto, agnostic, atheist, etc. I only care that they are good divers.

I'll be in Boca Raton for the Passover holiday. PM me and we'll see if we can get together for a dive or two. I have a 14 year-old diver daughter as well.

garyfotodiver:
I think there is nothing wrong with the first post, but I have issues with some of the replies.

Imagine that!

Tom Winters:
I always wondered about this - when you're in the middle of a really deep dive and the Rapture comes - do you have time for all your decompression stops?
It's called "Rapture of the Deep.":D

Tom Winters:
I always wondered about this - when you're in the middle of a really deep dive and the Rapture comes - do you have time for all your decompression stops? And what about the no-fly rule for 12 or 24 hours after multi-level diving?
The need for deco as well of the rest of those rules will no longer apply :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom