Wanted Chest strap for BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DM Gary

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone out there have one they're not using? Or have an idea to piece one together? I like the look of this:

but I'm not wild about spending $50 on such a small piece.

Thanks for looking,

Gary

These are what I use:

little less on the spendy side... :shocked:

Never used one on bp/w, but that sure doesn't look very comfortable. At $50 I wouldn't want one either. @Marie13 what do you clip it off to, a regular d ring or one of Piranha's cool hardware pieces?

1647823617213.png
1647824019231.png

I got one of the HOG harnesses that are adjustable (with sternum strap) as a gift, but I didn't like it and gave it to my dad. They do make a $6 strap for that, but I don't recall how it attaches.

1647823931622.png

You might also take it to a steamstress. My dad had something or other done to his bp/w and it was pretty cheap. Piranha has a bunch of hardware available so you could stitch the strap on itself over hardware to retain adjustability.

Loop it around one D ring and clip to the other. I did it with my BP/W when I used one. Worked fine.

Here’s how to piece one together. Bolt snap. Paracord. You’re welcome. :D

Loop it around one D ring and clip to the other. I did it with my BP/W when I used one. Worked fine.
Ding, ding, ding. This ^^^

Does anyone out there have one they're not using? Or have an idea to piece one together? I like the look of this:

Thanks for looking,

Gary
The Highland setup is very bulky.

I concur with Son of a Son of a Sailor. This one is simple...

Dive Rite Chest Strap, Replacement (SKU DR-BC2096)

1647834007277.png

$5 at DGX. LDS can probably order in...

Thanks for looking,

Gary
If your are not 100% sure you will want one, the bolt snap to D rings seems like a great idea to test it and you probably already own what you need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom