Cheers from Germany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blueskies_up_ahead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there! I never thought scuba diving was for me because I have trouble equalizing on planes. On my vacation in Sicily I finally decided to give it a go and it was love at first breath. Strangely I have no issues at all equalizing under water. Back from vacation I started searching for a dive center to get certified. I started with the theory and indoor sessions in winter and delayed the ow part to summer. German lakes are not too tempting in winter :wink: So I got OWD certified in august 2022 and went diving in Egypt afterwards. Got Nitrox certified there. For my AOWD I'm switching to SSI because I prefer to do full specialties straight away. Next in line is the deep brevet which I will be doing in may on the canary islands.

fantastic! welcome to SB.

Welcome on board. Do you already know where you'll be diving in the Canary Islands ?

Welcome on board. Do you already know where you'll be diving in the Canary Islands ?
Yes, all planned. I'll be diving in Lanzarote. Very much looking forward to discover a different kind of underwater world (not that Egypt wasn't nice, I just want to experience different kinds of diving)

Yes, all planned. I'll be diving in Lanzarote. Very much looking forward to discover a different kind of underwater world (not that Egypt wasn't nice, I just want to experience different kinds of diving)
Please write a trip report for Islas Canarias. It is one of my bucket list destinations and I would love to hear your impressions.

Went 4 times in the Canary Islands in the early 90's : twice in Tenerife, once in Lanzarote, and once in Gran Canaria.

Lanzarote was probably my favorite one, it's quite a unique place. Local wines are nice too.

Btw, where are you from in Germany, if I may ask ?

Please write a trip report for Islas Canarias. It is one of my bucket list destinations and I would love to hear your impressions.
Sure, I hope I remember. I'm only going in may though.
Went 4 times in the Canary Islands in the early 90's : twice in Tenerife, once in Lanzarote, and once in Gran Canaria.

Lanzarote was probably my favorite one, it's quite a unique place. Local wines are nice too.

Btw, where are you from in Germany, if I may ask ?
Do you have any recommendations for things to do on land? I also would love to go on a whale watching tour, but an ethical one (not huge boats, no feeding or the like). If you have a recommendation, please share it!

I live near Frankfurt. Why? You seem to be from France. I'm half french btw :wink: Where are you from?

Going to Lanzarote, without visiting Timanfaya National Park would be a sin ! Concerning what to do or visit on the island, click here.

I asked where you're from in Germany, because being from an older generation (I'm 51), I had the opportunity to learn German at school, which nowadays is not so easy, especially in South-West France where I live (right in the middle between Bordeaux and Toulouse). I know Frankfurt and the land of Hesse a bit, used to send my students on training period there, my school had a partnership with one in Obertshausen.

If you're half French, remember we've got tons of nice diving places. :wink:

welcome to SB
what is the best beer in GER ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom