Cheers from Germany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to Lanzarote, without visiting Timanfaya National Park would be a sin ! Concerning what to do or visit on the island, click here.

I asked where you're from in Germany, because being from an older generation (I'm 51), I had the opportunity to learn German at school, which nowadays is not so easy, especially in South-West France where I live (right in the middle between Bordeaux and Toulouse). I know Frankfurt and the land of Hesse a bit, used to send my students on training period there, my school had a partnership with one in Obertshausen.

If you're half French, remember we've got tons of nice diving places. :wink:
Thanks for the recommendation. As for french dive spots, I have Marseille area on my list and Corsica. Anything else I should know of (DOM TOM excluded, those are obvious).
welcome to SB
what is the best beer in GER ?
I'm not the right person to ask about beer, sorry...

As for french dive spots, I have Marseille area on my list and Corsica. Anything else I should know of (DOM TOM excluded, those are obvious).

Marseille is very nice indeed, my favorites in this area are 'les Impériaux', 'Riou', 'le Grand Congloué', the calanques are extremely nice as well. Only drawback is the damned Mistral wind which can be a pain in the neck and keep the water cold even in summer time (already cold from all the fresh water sipping in through the cliffs).

The Var area is clearly another place of choice for diving, especially around Hyères : Port Cros National Park, lots of wrecks (Donator, Grec, etc...) but those are deep.

The Alpes Maritimes are also very nice, a truly underrated diving destination in France. I should know, I've diving there since the 90's, from Nice to the Italian border.

The Atlantic offers also nice opportunities but it can be quite complicated : tides, cold water, murky at times.

Marseille is very nice indeed, my favorites in this area are 'les Impériaux', 'Riou', 'le Grand Congloué', the calanques are extremely nice as well. Only drawback is the damned Mistral wind which can be a pain in the neck and keep the water cold even in summer time (already cold from all the fresh water sipping in through the cliffs).

The Var area is clearly another place of choice for diving, especially around Hyères : Port Cros National Park, lots of wrecks (Donator, Grec, etc...) but those are deep.

The Alpes Maritimes are also very nice, a truly underrated diving destination in France. I should know, I've diving there since the 90's, from Nice to the Italian border.

The Atlantic offers also nice opportunities but it can be quite complicated : tides, cold water, murky at times.
Those are good recommendations. I didn't think of Alpes Maritimes. If you can recommend dive shops for any of the locations on the mediterranean sea, that would be great. Feel free to DM if you prefer.
As for the Atlantic, I'm aware that it's more advanced diving. Not for me right now, especially with so many other nice spots to discover :wink:

Those are good recommendations. I didn't think of Alpes Maritimes. If you can recommend dive shops for any of the locations on the mediterranean sea, that would be great. Feel free to DM if you prefer.
As for the Atlantic, I'm aware that it's more advanced diving. Not for me right now, especially with so many other nice spots to discover :wink:

Well, the only LDS I can recommend these days on the Med is this one : Rand'eau évasion in Villefranche sur Mer, close to Nice. The Team is experienced, friendly to the newbie or the old timer, wether you like to dive no deco, or with deco, deep or not, they will provide you with a good atmosphere, good security and nice diving spots. Nitrox is also available there and you can go on with your training as well : both an SSI and ANMP school, and I know they can accomodate PADI as well.

The other LDS I've known for some years are either closed or with a new management, I don't appreciate, so I won't talk trash about them, but I won't recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom