Boston Based AOWD reporting for duty!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkilp

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone!

East coast immigrant diver originally from Germany here!
Completed my (first) OWD with SSI in Egypt in 2014 but lost my card and apparently SSI lost my cert. So redid everything in 2019 (in Egypt again), kept adding specialties and now sitting on 40+ dives and my AOWD (with deep specialty).

Haven't explored much of the Atlantic yet but would love to at some point. Mostly dove Red Sea, Carribean and Indian Sea! Joined here to maybe trade some gear at some point, but mostly to get tips and tricks to get the most out of my underwater photography / videos :)

Maybe I meet some of you in the water at some point!

Cheers

Marvin

Hey Marvin. Welcome to the fun house.

My only tip for underwater videos is pay someone else to edit. I thought I was going to turn my raw gopro vids into youtube quality presentations but came to the realization I just don't have the attention span to edit. Best thing I ever did was open a Fiverr account.

Good luck and see you in the bubbles

My only tip for underwater videos is pay someone else to edit. I thought I was going to turn my raw gopro vids into youtube quality presentations but came to the realization I just don't have the attention span to edit. Best thing I ever did was open a Fiverr account.

Yeah, I think I heard about that. I still need to work on lighting and my rigging setup first to actually produce decent raw footage. Just upgraded my GoPro from a 8 to a 11 and getting a new rig. Thanks for the hint with Fiverr, I'll definitely look into it more!

Welcome to NE.

Diving here is different than warm clear water.

We usually call 10 foot VIS good. Water is colder, most of us use 7mm or drysuits.

Take your time and get used to the conditions and make sure your reg is cold water rated.

Other than that let me know if you want to go diving. My grounding hopefully ends in a week or two.

Welcome to NE.

Diving here is different than warm clear water.

We usually call 10 foot VIS good. Water is colder, most of us use 7mm or drysuits.

Take your time and get used to the conditions and make sure your reg is cold water rated.

Other than that let me know if you want to go diving. My grounding hopefully ends in a week or two.
Thanks!

As I travelled far for most of my dives I actually haven't pulled the trigger on my own equipment yet (aside from my computer, mask and flippers).

So I mostly rent my gear from Stores / Diveclubs. But I would be very interested in exploring some of New England and get some experience in cold water. Never dove anything colder than 25°C to be honest :D

Are you affiliated with a club that I could look into? I was also curious about getting a dry suit cert.

Get drysuit certified. Even in the summer as you start going deeper you will want one.

Back
Top Bottom