Greetings from Tampa, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reqi678

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I'm an extremely new diver in Tampa that got certified about a few weeks ago! I've been putting as much practice as I can in preparation for a short trip to Thailand in a couple weeks. So not counting my 5 learning dives for the SSI OWD course, I managed to log 9 more dives. And then that's it before the trip, so wish me luck that the tiny amount of practice will pay off!

At first, I thought when getting certified that I was just going to be a vacation diver and maybe do it once or twice a year. I made the mistake though of getting plugged in to my LDS and getting to know the instructors and other people and going diving every week for several weeks and now I can't imagine not diving more even if it's to the same few freshwater springs and lakes in FL ahahaha

Also I thought I would never touch deep water diving or be interested in wreck diving, but then a week after getting certified for my OWD, I did the classes for night and deep diving with SSI and I'm dreaming of seeing an actual wreck since little boats and stuff underwater looks way cooler than I thought.... Sooooo oops. My poor wallet.

To be 100% honest, I felt compelled to join Scubaboard mainly because as a new diver I'm trying to find deals on equipment (especially dive computers).

So if anyone has advice for newbie divers on finding equipment that meets their needs that would be great.

Thank you all!

@reqi678
Congratulations on your recent certifications, this is a great forum for dive spots, trip reports, equipment discussions including some neato DIY projects and dive experience discussions. Enjoy your trip to the Philippines and come back to report on the adventure!

Welcome! Sorry you have to live in Florida where it’s so hard to find dive spots. You could be out here in the dive Mecca of Utah! 😂 You’re doing great stuff. Keep it up. I love to read dive reports from relatively new (as I am) divers.

Welcome to the group!

Back
Top Bottom