Check this vintage ad out...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fake vintage ad. Fin spring straps….
1662004208709.jpeg

Eh, what fins?
What he said. ^^^

Oh yeah...there they are. Farrallon had spring straps way back in the 70s.
I think the cool Tekna knife was a product of the 80s.

Interesting double/single hose regulator design.

Attachments

• 360E24C8-435E-4907-897F-A93C8257801D.png
    360E24C8-435E-4907-897F-A93C8257801D.png
    413.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DFEA18C8-571F-48F6-B472-48B79CAE524D.jpeg
    DFEA18C8-571F-48F6-B472-48B79CAE524D.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 1E1F3DDF-AC39-41B3-9367-C214261B8C09.jpeg
    1E1F3DDF-AC39-41B3-9367-C214261B8C09.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 40
Interesting double/single hose regulator design.
I thought that the 2nd stage on a double hose regulator uses a lot less intermediate pressure. The first stage connects through the first thin section of hose that connects to the corrugated hose to the second stage is able to be set at a much lower pressure? I thought like 75 to 150psi on single hose intermediate pressure, but much less I would guess this is made to do. More recent modern stuff is made to adapt old double hose to current first stages. This though I guess is all old time stuff, maybe when both single an double hose were both available and this was a hybrid? But hey where does the exhaust bubbles go... At the first stage. Is this a joke....

I thought that the 2nd stage on a double hose regulator uses a lot less intermediate pressure. The first stage connects through the first thin section of hose that connects to the corrugated hose to the second stage is able to be set at a much lower pressure? I thought like 75 to 150psi on single hose intermediate pressure, but much less I would guess this is made to do. More recent modern stuff is made to adapt old double hose to current first stages. This though I guess is all old time stuff, maybe when both single an double hose were both available and this was a hybrid? But hey where does the exhaust bubbles go... At the first stage. Is this a joke....
On cell phone interest screen could not zoom in very well, but now I see how it works. But still why two intermediate pressure hoses. I could guess redundancy an or more flow rate.. haha!

I cannot say for sure, but I guess this is Rick Stanton (Rick Stanton - Wikipedia). And that's more than enough to say.

No, I don't think it was Rick Stanton, here's the link to the original article where the photo can be found.

This contraption, (knick)named the "Wing agricole" was popular in France some years ago, when there were less diving wings available on the market. They might be still in use when cave diving in rough condition : better to ruin an air tube than a 'true' wing. It's rumored/supposed to have been first used by Bibige (another knickname), a cave diver famous for designing equipment in the 90's in France. The article was written some time after the "Wing agricole" was first designed. Think Xavier Meniscus did use one, won't be surprised if Stanton did too..

No, I don't think it was Rick Stanton, here's the link to the original article where the photo can be found.

This contraption, (knick)named the "Wing agricole" was popular in France some years ago, when there were less diving wings available on the market. They might be still in use when cave diving in rough condition : better to ruin an air tube than a 'true' wing. It's rumored/supposed to have been first used by Bibige (another knickname), a cave diver famous for designing equipment in the 90's in France. The article was written some time after the "Wing agricole" was first designed. Think Xavier Meniscus did use one, won't be surprised if Stanton did too..
Thanks for the link and info.
This pic is a screen shot of the wing that Rick Stanton was using during the Thai rescue in June 2018, from the documentary "The Rescue" from Nat Geo. This is a pic of the real rescue.
Captura de pantalla 2021-12-31 15.24.45.png

Thanks for the link and info.
This pic is a screen shot of the wing that Rick Stanton was using during the Thai rescue in June 2018, from the documentary "The Rescue" form Nat Geo. This is a pic of the real rescue.
View attachment 743921
So he did use one and on one hell of a dive. Good gravy... Won't sleep easily tonight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom