Cheapest place to buy a Petrel II online??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shinythings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to be pulling the trigger on a Petrel II. After much local looking no one was able to give me much of a discount so I was wondering if the online retailers are prone to good deals on Petrel's?

Cheers

Price doesn't seem to vary. DGX $749, I just bought one.

---------- Post added September 25th, 2015 at 02:55 AM ----------

Sorry didn't notice you were in Canada, no idea but I imagine similar i.e very little, variation.

I'd call Dan's Dive Shop in Toronto. You're in Canada, they're in Canada, and Shearwater is in Canada so you should save a bit of money by not going to the US then back.

It's 950 in canada all the time. The only reason the USA is different is because of the Canadian dollar dropping.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I was about to buy mine over the internet and figured I would call and check stock before placing the order. When I called and asked for price and availability, they said they were in stock and quoted a better price than on their web site. That was Ed over at cave adventurers. So I would also try calling some of the places you are looking to buy from. Sometimes there are minimum advertised pricing rules for the internet.

I was about to buy mine over the internet and figured I would call and check stock before placing the order. When I called and asked for price and availability, they said they were in stock and quoted a better price than on their web site. That was Ed over at cave adventurers. So I would also try calling some of the places you are looking to buy from. Sometimes there are minimum advertised pricing rules for the internet.

Bingo. Never buy anything on internet without calling the place first.
Or better deal with LDS - Cash is king!

Another good idea is to keep it on the down low when you get a killer deal. Some other dealers get pissy when they catch wind of you selling below their price. Especially if the mfg has minimum selling price rules. A few big boys are like that. To insure you keep getting deals pass the info on privately.

JUst remember when buying from the US shipping from the states and border (brokerage) fees can be a killer.
Also your bank probably takes 2-3% on currency exchange. It will end up costing you more. You're better off buying from a Canadian source.
There are 3 Shearwater dealers on Vancouver Island.

JUst remember when buying from the US shipping from the states and border (brokerage) fees can be a killer.
Also your bank probably takes 2-3% on currency exchange. It will end up costing you more. You're better off buying from a Canadian source.
There are 3 Shearwater dealers on Vancouver Island.

I ship thru a brokerage house in the US so buying in the US isn't an issue. That being said I prefer to buy locally if possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom