Cheap storage in cave country

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use High Springs Personal Mini Storage. There may units available. Unfortunately I don't leave things like regulators, DPVs down here since my storage unit is not climate-controlled but I have a large assortment of tanks, reels/spools, some fins, backplate, wings, misc items. I split it with some friends so it's cost effective and I'm down here enough to make it worth it.

I can mostly fit my drysuit + undergarments + stage regulators + backgas/sidemount regulators in carry-on suitcase if I am traveling light, otherwise I still check one bag. It gets more complicated if I need to fly with the rebreather/camera/etc. I usually drive down (~20 hours for me) but I used to do a lot of long weekend trips so it's nice to have stuff ready to go when I find cheap flights.

You might want to check storage units around the area and see what they have for options.

IMG_20220408_103016852_resized.jpg

After reading all the answers, I decided to keep taking everything I need with me. Thank you everyone for your replies.

Hello,

I fly to Florida from California for cave diving 2-3 times a year. And traveling with my CCR and DPV is a nightmare. 2 50lbs checked bags and very heavy carry on and "computer" bags. It would be great if I could leave some of my stuff (dry suit, fins, reels, etc.) somewhere in cave country. Any suggestions?

Thank you
Try finding one of those guys who bought a cheap house in cave country to use when they go there and rent out the rest of the time. I've rented several of these and at every one, they had a big shed or a bedroom or closet in which they stored their stuff. Almost always the storage space was way more than the owner needed for their own gear, so maybe you could strike a deal where you rent their place when you're down there and pay a little extra to store your gear in their house the rest of the time. I was thinking of doing this myself.

I moved to Branford 16 years ago. There are plenty of reasonable self storage facilities in cave country. Try Amigos, Hidden World or Dive Outpost too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom