Cheap storage in cave country

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vitaly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

I fly to Florida from California for cave diving 2-3 times a year. And traveling with my CCR and DPV is a nightmare. 2 50lbs checked bags and very heavy carry on and "computer" bags. It would be great if I could leave some of my stuff (dry suit, fins, reels, etc.) somewhere in cave country. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Temp controlled Storage unit?
Freeway underpass?
Dive shop you’ve got a good relationship with ?

EE and ccds both have storage lockers. Those are really your only options as far as I know

Good luck at both EE or CCDS, they both have a "waiting list".

Cave Country Dive Shop had storage lockers at one time. I have no idea if they're still doing that.

Cave Country Dive Shop had storage lockers at one time. I have no idea if they're still doing that.

They do, but there is rarely an opening. Getting a temperature controlled storage in Gainesville or Lake City is probably easier.

They do, but there is rarely an opening. Getting a temperature controlled storage in Gainesville or Lake City is probably easier.
I see an opportunity here. :D

I see an opportunity here. :D
Yeah, but what about controlling access, if anything gets stolen I'm not sure that the insurance company will be impressed with your watch-cats and they're having to work 24x7 without any time off. I deliver papers every week from the general insurance company trying to deny customers claims and have become convinced that having no insurance on a car is better than having the general insure it.

Michael

Yeah, but what about controlling access,
It was mostly said in jest. The last thing I want to do in my retirement years is to work.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom