charging double to fill hp 100 tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I pay 7¢ per cubic foot. Regardless of tank size, service pressure, or O2% from 21 (air) thru 40%. Remaining gas can be topped off, so it averages to about $6 to fill 100 Cu Ft tank (with 500 psi still in the tank) :D

There's a local shop here that'll fill my HP100 doubles with air for free. $15 for a single tank is ridiculous, especially if the shop where you purchased the cylinder is then charging you double to fill it. Time to find a new dive shop.

divinginn:
i think im going to another shop tommorow,its out of the way some but just cant justify paying 16 dollars for air.
Dude 2x for air? Time to move on!

Question though - is it a steel or al tank?

Wow. The most I've never paid for an air fill in my HP119 was $6.50, and that was Mod Grade-E O2 compatible air, safe for o2 clean tanks. I don't keep my tanks o2 clean, because I get my nitrox from membrane shops, so I VERY rarely get my tanks filled at that shop.

For your sake, I sure hope you have other shops to choose from in your area, because that ship is RIPPING you off.

divinginn:
what does everyone think about being charged double to fill my new hp 100 tank,the regular price is 8 dollars for alum 80s,so its 16 dollars for the 100, i could almost understand it for a 130 cf tank,by the way i bought the tank there.:11:

That is nasty, dude. At my LDS filling an 80 or a 100 costs the same ($3.00) and if you bought the tank there you get 10 free refills. But then again, this is Florida and there's a dive shop on every corner so the competition must be tough. I'm starting my AOW in a few weeks and its only $199 (PADI) including all the boat dives. God bless free enterprise:11:

$16?? Thats enough to get me freediving (ok, not really). But it is enough to get me to buy a few more tanks to keep full in the garage so going all the way to the other shop isn't as frequent as it could be.

sounds like they charged you double,maybe it was a mistake??Even here in NYC where everything is expensive we charge $8. 80 cu fill 3000psi-$9. for a hp fill to a 100 cu tank 3500+psi..$16 with nitrox..We also have an air pass that is prepaid fills costing $100. for 20 fills ,does not matter if 80cu or hp 100..so that brings it down to $5. a fill..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom