Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is pretty clear that the rapid tests are pretty worthless with omicron.
There you go again. Misleading claims, with no support.

There you go again. Misleading claims, with no support.
I am pretty comfortable with it. The support is out there if you are interested in it. At the end of the day if you are concerned get a PCR test otherwise you really don’t know if you have it.

Apparently we have lots of epidemiologists on ScubaBoard. :D

Only part-time epidemiologists. They also serve as business consultants, legal scholars, economic advisors, and political analysts.

Last month I found that it was mostly workers wore masks while shopping but even then, many shop employees did not.
That's the opposite of what I observed the first part of this month. In fact, I can't think of an unmasked encounter while visiting Coppel, (both of them), Sam's, Chedraui 2 times, Mega at least 6 times, OXXO or 7-11 at least 4 times, Soriana once, 2 dive gear retailers, one dive shop, no fewer than a dozen restaurants, and at least that many taxi rides. There's more, but I'm bored.

Restaurants and bars were pretty much the areas where I saw consistent mask use to get to the table. Which to me is an odd, since soon as someone was at the bar or table the mask was gone even though people were often almost shoulder to shoulder.

I did see a guy ordering at a bar once that was asked to mask up unless he were to sit down in the chair in front of him, which was in-between two groups.

Restaurants and bars were pretty much the areas where I saw consistent mask use to get to the table. Which to me is an odd, since soon as someone was at the bar or table the mask was gone even though people were often almost shoulder to shoulder.

I did see a guy ordering at a bar once that was asked to mask up unless he were to sit down in the chair in front of him, which was in-between two groups.

It's a silly show to create an appearance of doing something.

I just spent 35 days in the area, a week of that on Cozumel, and I got the impression that tourists in general are not masking and locals are masking until they don't have to.

Opinion stated as fact.
LOL. He may not know the difference. :wink:

It's a silly show to create an appearance of doing something.
That is what it seems, as I do not see the reasoning behind it at all.
I just spent 35 days in the area, a week of that on Cozumel, and I got the impression that tourists in general are not masking and locals are masking until they don't have to.
I spent 9 days there last month and that is what I experienced as well. I was happy to see that it was quite relaxed over there.

Back
Top Bottom