Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone has basically been exposed or had it, seems more symbolic these days, but I am happy to comply where required.

Everyone has basically been exposed or had it, seems more symbolic these days, but I am happy to comply where required.
Either I don't understand, or you're just wrong. US cases reported are 76,704,696. There may have been twice that many, but not the majority. I've tested myself several times, before and after trips - always negative thankfully as I have little reason to think I'd survive it.

Either I don't understand, or you're just wrong. US cases reported are 76,704,696. There may have been twice that many, but not the majority. I've tested myself several times, before and after trips - always negative thankfully as I have little reason to think I'd survive it.

You don't think it might be over twice?

If you are boosted the likelihood of a false negative is really high in adults with rapid tests.

longer response below

If you are boosted the likelihood of a false negative is really high in adults with rapid tests.
I doubt that. Besides, most of my tests were PRC.

Either I don't understand, or you're just wrong. US cases reported are 76,704,696. There may have been twice that many, but not the majority.
As far as the numbers i would think it has to be at the very least double what as been reported. However I'd wager its far more likely to be quadruple or more since a huge percentage won't have any symptoms or only mild symptoms and a fair amount with bad symptoms that will never get tested.

There are several things wrong with this statement. First, it appears to be quoting early rather than recent results. Second, even the early results were only for antigen tests, not just any rapid test. Third, the "false negatives" report are from the approx two days between being infected and (possibly) showing symptoms. Fourth, the differences in sensitivity were not "really high" but rather marginally significant.
See Are Rapid Tests Worse at Detecting Omicron—and Does It Matter?

Apparently we have lots of epidemiologists on ScubaBoard. :D

Apparently we have lots of epidemiologists on ScubaBoard. :D
Do the research. As a spouse of healthcare worker and parent of 8 and 5 year olds we have had to stay on it. It is pretty clear that the rapid tests are pretty worthless with omicron.

Back
Top Bottom