Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me this is the key takeaway no matter where you go or how many have been vaxxed or not, it's out there, its everywhere and anyone can get it.
Even with fully vaxxed events such as the Cozumel invasion, the chances of multiple people having and/or catching covid during the event like that is likely.
Hopefully the countries will all loosen up on restrictions soon as it isnt going away.
I just checked, it's 10 days or a $5000.00 Fine.

In Taiwan we have had a few quarantine breakers. The fine is around US$36200 if caught.

This American student made a mistake about when he could finish quarantine so was only slapped with a small fine. US$5400

My wife got upset at me when I told her getting the vaccine didnt stop you getting or transmitting the virus but she knows now. Same thing that most masks are totally useless. Wear them cause they look good lol
I can feel an impending cleanup or thread deletion coming, but just because some people are contracting COVID despite taking measures to prevent it in no way indicates that those measures are "totally useless". The propagation of a virus is not a binary process; it's all about probabilities. The data is indisputable; vaccination and masking greatly decrease the probability of spreading COVID as well as that of contracting, sickening, getting hospitalized, and dying from the disease. Deny taking any of those precautions if you want, but stay the hell away from me.

Well, we thought and I think it was true early on that the vax was pretty good at stopping the spread. Of course its hard to burn wet wood, but throw it in an raging fire it will burn. Too much of any disease around will work the odds and produce cases. Saw that with measles.

I think we learned lately the Omicron variant is good at evading past immunity and vax. The missus got the omicron 'cold'. Being immune compromised she had three FULL shots of Moderna. TONS of people in Cozumel were wandering around with the 'cold'. And not testing.

My biggest concern was would the missus, by all accounts no longer infectious, continue to test positive next week, about 3 weeks from symptom onset. Thankfully yesterday, the covid line almost faded to nothing. so I THINK it will be totally negative this week.... and in Coz next week.

Science is hard with it always changing. We kinda like to listen to something and believe it forever.

And naturally acquired immunity is overlooked, esp since it is getting vaxxed the hard way. I think in Cozumel and probably everywhere people with colds are getting a COVID booster whether they know it or not.

The missus is getting a little uppity about now she has 3 full shots AND prior infections. Like you know, both is better....

1645119767412.png

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread reopened after significant cleanup. Please remember this is the Cozumel forum, and the topic of this thread is changing COVID testing requirements. This is not the place to debate politics or insult others.

Reactions: MMM

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread reopened after significant cleanup. Please remember this is the Cozumel forum, and the topic of this thread is changing COVID testing requirements. This is not the place to debate politics or insult others.
Thank you.

Just got back from Coz and I was impressed at how seriously almost everybody masked up. I didn't partake of the shopping areas during the day so I didn't see many, if any cruisers. My understanding is they, as a bunch, are not nearly so considerate.

Anyway, had fun and never felt vulnerable except maybe on the shuttle upon arrival. I thought I paid for a private taxi but I guess I did that part wrong and we had one non masker. Some people ..

I didn't partake of the shopping areas during the day
And that would be why you didn't see the unmasked in town. It's not just the pod denizens. I really thought it was half of the locals aside from employees who are required. If you stayed on grounds at the Palace, you wouldn't have seen that.

Last month I found that it was mostly workers wore masks while shopping but even then, many shop employees did not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom