Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do they get on the plane if they tested positive?
I see posts frequently on internet forums about ways to circumvent COVID testing and vaccination documentation requirements.

I see posts frequently on internet forums about ways to circumvent COVID testing and vaccination documentation requirements.
And you believe them? And I should believe your hearsay account of some posting on the internet?
Just how is this circumvention done?

I would really appreciate it if anyone who tests positive on Cozumel would wait until they test negative before they get on a plane and sit next to me. Thank you
I'm sure there are many who fly down to Cozumel that are positive and have no idea..and some that do.

The reality is that the virus is everywhere and the numbers are most likely vastly under reported due to many not getting tests when actually sick and the large number of the population that the virus goes unnoticed. I'd wager that the chances of someone positive sitting near you on a plane or being near you during your travels anywhere is fairly high. Probably even higher when the vaxxed are the only ones not getting tested.

How do they get on the plane if they tested positive?
I'm willing to bet that some will keep getting tests until one throws a negative and then there is that a person can get a doctor's note of recovery and still travel. I am sure that many selfish people have fudged the days of onset for symptoms and still traveled when they are not feeling well.

And you believe them? And I should believe your hearsay account of some posting on the internet?
Just how is this circumvention done?
What I believe from reading them is that there are people interested in making or obtaining counterfeit vaccination and testing records. Some of them I have read on this forum.

Canada is announcing today that it will drop mandatory PCR test for the antigen test, for fully vaccinated travellers' entry to Canada, effective March 1. That will save my husband and me a few hundred dollars. I expect there will be additional relaxations to come.

It's quite easy to change flights now and travel insurance is reasonable for most additional costs incurred. For me Hawaii seems harder to travel to and is more of an issue if I test positive. Last time I was there they even wanted documentation just to go eat.
Fair enough but when I take a week off, I have to be at work the following week not 2 weeks later due to illness.

What happens if you get covid at home? I'm sure it isn't less than 5 days away from work.

To me getting covid in Mexico is possibly one extra day for travel when I am recovered, with covered expenses for hotel and food.

What happens if you get covid at home? I'm sure it isn't less than 5 days away from work.

To me getting covid in Mexico is possibly one extra day for travel when I am recovered, with covered expenses for hotel and food.
Ok; got it.

I would only test for COVID at home if I have symptoms. Re-entry requires testing regardless of symptoms, so the chance of missing work is greater with the re-entry test.

I would only test for COVID at home if I have symptoms. Re-entry requires testing regardless of symptoms, so the chance of missing work is greater with the re-entry test.
As is the chance of spreading covid through your workplace because you were asymptomatic positive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom