Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your anecdotal account notwithstanding, "reliability" is a relative term; like everything else concerning COVID it is a matter of probabilities, and new information is constantly coming in. For a test to be worthless its reliability would have to be on the order of 50% (i.e., wrong as often as right). Rapid testing may not be 100% (nothing is) but it is much better than 50%.
58% to 71% range I saw prior to omicron which it has been said to be less effective. They small study showed it was extremely unreliable early on when PCR was basically 100%. At any rate, you all asked and I provided.

There are still enough antimasking antivaxers in the country to keep it going indefinitely.

There are still enough antimasking antivaxers in the country to keep it going indefinitely.
Even if everyone got vaxxed and masked up, it's never going away.

Even if everyone got vaxxed and masked up, it's never going away.
That's right. I read that wild deer are infected now.

That's right. I read that wild deer are infected now.
It's been years since I have been close to a deer. I encounter unvaxed unmasked spreaders every time I go anywhere. Some love to protest actions that would help but offer no help of their own. Our big problem is not in the forest.

It's been years since I have been close to a deer. I encounter unvaxed unmasked spreaders every time I go anywhere. Some love to protest actions that would help but offer no help of their own. Our big problem is not in the forest.
Yeah, the next time I encounter an unmasked deer in a crowded hallway I'm just gonna turn around and walk the other way. :D

Let’s try
Try is just another excuse to fail, which is exactly what will happen. If you are concerned get vaxxed and get boosted but putting hope in getting all others to get vaxxed and masked up isnt going to make it disapear.
So screw it. Let's not do anything, right?

I didn't say that, only it isnt going anywhere no matter if all are vaxxed with masks.

If you want everyone vaxxed just give it some more time and everyone eventually will be. Now whether it was super hard to get vaxxed that way or not will be down to the individual.

Bubonic plague is common among many rodent species in the west, but I've had no problem avoiding it. I wish all those people breathing in the stores I visit were masked fully.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom