Certification problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i ask again......pls post the agreement you say you have in writing so we can help you better. without seeing the agreement, no one will be able to help as we are all guessing at what the facts are.

Wonderful. Let's have a long digression on what "minor" means.

If he provides no more info, one can only conclude it is not supportive of his case.
I wasn’t looking to argue “my case”. I was looking for practical solutions to resolve an issue, whereby my son could get his certification without being victims to extortion. The original price given was €340.

Attachments

• IMG_2037.jpeg
    IMG_2037.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 71
I wasn’t looking to argue “my case”. I was looking for practical solutions to resolve an issue, whereby my son could get his certification without being victims to extortion. The original price given was €340.
Also - my son did not do e-learning. It was all books/videos. Nothing was completed online (other than him setting up a PADI account to log divers). Everything was done using paper forms. We are therefore dependent upon the centre submitting those forms to PADI.

So did you get a course completion "certificate" to hang on the wall? You state you received the paper course materials that are mentioned in what looks like a text message. I don't see any mention of the price including PADI certification. It may be semantics and the "certificate" would lead many people to think it means "PADI certification," when it doesn't.

It looks like you got what you paid for. A more realistic price for an elementary course is 500 Euros or more.

It’s unfortunate that you have had a disagreement on the price of certification for your son. Hope you have paid the additional money so your son can go diving. Otherwise that small amount of money has become more important than your son. Good luck

So we were originally told:
I paid the centre for the whole course, consisting of classroom theory, pool (skills) dives, open water dives, equipment rental, manual and certification.
Then we are shown the "agreement:"
1723807812427.png

So is it is possible that the additional €140 is for equipment rental, which was not mentioned in the "agreement?"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom