Cell question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After 33 years with Verizon, I blew them off for T-Mobile. So far, so good here in the USA. Anyone have issue using T-Mobile on the island? My plan includes Mexico and Canada along with 200 plus other countries.
I have yet to use the phone outside the States.

TIA,

TMobile works great on the telcel network in Cozumel.
You should have no problem throughout the Yucatan.

Awesome, thank you. Now I don’t have an excuse not to work:confused:

After 33 years with Verizon, I blew them off for T-Mobile. So far, so good here in the USA. Anyone have issue using T-Mobile on the island? My plan includes Mexico and Canada along with 200 plus other countries.

TIA,

T-Mobile does remain a US phone: When calling the US while you're in Mexico, you dial just as you would at home. Conversely, if you wanted to call someone in Mexico while you're there, you need to dial internationally.

Issues?? Nope, none, never, and there's never a charge for calling.

Had T-mobile for 5 or 6 years now, and every time I think about how much money I gave to Verizon, I vomit.

Been using TMobile since they rolled out USA/MEX/CAN as a single service area. Works very well.
P.S. msg sent on T-Mobile / Telcel on the island. For years the captain's have had me get ahold of the shop for them when down south, as I still get service to below Columbia shallows. T-mobile will bounce between Telcel and Movistar, I do not think they have agreements with ATT towers

TIA,
T-Mobile works great on the island. Better than it does where we live.

To use my CDN based cell phone it's $14 per day or $154 Canadian for 11 days. I always head to Mega or Chedraui and get a cheap plan there.

To use my CDN based cell phone it's $14 per day or $154 Canadian for 11 days. I always head to Mega or Chedraui and get a cheap plan there.

Ouch.
Just paid my bill last night: $139.58 for 4 lines, unlimited everything, and as mentioned, no charge for calls to/from/within the US, Canada, and Mexico.

Have you updated your plan this decade? That sounds like an old one, and I'd bet you could save money on the newer plans.

Back
Top Bottom