Palau LOB: Rock Islands Aggressor question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsyteng

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going solo on the Rock Islands Aggressor soon. It's my first LOB so I'm a little bit anxious being so far away from the family and for such a long time.

Can you someone share what cell phone and internet service is like on a Palau LOB? I heard that internet is accessible when the boat is docked. How often is the boat docked?

I also read that cell phone is available but I'd have to have an unlocked phone and insert a local SIM card.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, TIA.

I have been to Palau but not on a liveaboard. I can tell you in general the service on the island even with wifi was unreliable.

Diving in Palau is great and I’ve been on many liveaboards elsewhere that I really enjoyed. Aggressor usually offers so many dives, I found I was too exhausted to worry about not having service on my phone. What I try to do is text (or fb message or what’s app) my family whenever I arrive at a destination to let them know I got there safe and when I’m about to change my location.

I’ve found most people on liveaboard very friendly and I’ve made many friends this way. Hope you enjoy your trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom