Cell question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check your plan, it’s not unlimited data for Mexico, you get 5GB and then it gets slowed to 2G or 3G and the free data overseas in other countries is slower too. And I’m not 55 yet. :wink:
I'll be on WIFI and or tethered most of the time:) Free WIFI at the Grand! Don't blink, 55 will be here before you know it.

I thought for a moment that someone was curious about involuntary accommodation at the local police station.

I thought for a moment that someone was curious about involuntary accommodation at the local police station.
I hear their cells are very nice. I don't know about their wifi, though. :D

Check your plan, it’s not unlimited data for Mexico, you get 5GB and then it gets slowed to 2G or 3G and the free data overseas in other countries is slower too. And I’m not 55 yet. :wink:
Just got off the phone wit TM...$15.00 for the billing cycle and I now have unlimited 4G for the duration of my trip. They do have outstanding customer service compared to Verizon!

I'll have to give them a try, my average Verizon bill is over $600 (me, the Ex and my kids).

Dave Dillehay
Villa Aldora

I'll have to give them a try, my average Verizon bill is over $600 (me, the Ex and my kids).

Dave Dillehay
Villa Aldora
How many in your group? There are six in mine, and our bill is always less than $300/month.
(1) That's after a $40/month Vet discount, but there are other discount programs.
(2) That's with their cheapest Start plan as the more costly plans seem like overprice gimmicks to me.
(3) Includes Total Mobile Protection, now $56/month for four slots as three slots have been taken. Anytime a new number has an insurance claim, that freezes a slot so I have to add another at $11/month to cover the others.
(4) We only have two phones in Device payments. I keep suggesting that they do not each have to get a new thousand dollar phone every other year as the TMP covers their phones and the newer, overpriced phones are a pitfall to resist. None of them are Wall Street brokers or anything similar. I have a hunch that the Engineer in you falls for those new phone upgrades.

I tried to look at T-mobile, wondering if they work in my rural county. They don't own towers and cables, buy their airtime from AT&T and Sprint so I guess they would work okay here, but I couldn't get a bid on six phones on their website and don't want to deal with a telemarketer who knows that talk is cheap.

I do spring for a new battery every other year or so. $50 at Best Buy with them doing the work. Last month my iPhone 6 plus passed diagnostics before the change but not after, so they replaced the phone at no extra charge! Again, they did all of the work including moving my photos, contacts etc.

Just got off the phone wit TM...$15.00 for the billing cycle and I now have unlimited 4G for the duration of my trip. They do have outstanding customer service compared to Verizon!

I'd agree. They've gone above and beyond on more than one occasion.

The ONLY complaint that I have, is that they require a new password every year. It's not an option. While on the phone with a customer service rep, I complained about it. He agreed, and said that employees too, had to update it. I worked around it by just adding one more hash tag to my existing password. He'd done the same, and was up to 7 asterisks.:D

I updated my T-Mobile phone to a Samsung A21 a month ago. The new phone never worked well. It would not receive or make calls at times and as soon as I would turn it off and back on it would work again. I spent too much time with tech support but finally they agreed to send me a new phone, told me the best way to transfer my information, and the phone came the next day. This was my first bad experience with T-Mobile. Other than that they have been good.

I couldn't get a bid on six phones on their website and don't want to deal with a telemarketer who knows that talk is cheap.
Nothing could possibly describe a T-mobile rep less accurately.
That's just not how the company rolls.
Yeah, yeah, nice folks and all that. That's good, but I want to see the big on the site, not just listen to a sales talk with unpublished promises.

Back
Top Bottom