Cell question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our cell signal with T-Mobile where we live is so-so but has been getting better the past few years. I like some of the extra values that we've gotten from them, usually from the T-Mobile Tuesday App. I've had for the past 3 years free MLB.tv from them and this year was able to get a free 1 year subscription for The Athletic. For some, this ins't a big deal, but we've used both the past few years.

After 33 years with Verizon, I blew them off for T-Mobile. So far, so good here in the USA. Anyone have issue using T-Mobile on the island? My plan includes Mexico and Canada along with 200 plus other countries.
I have yet to use the phone outside the States.

TIA,
For me it works great, anywhere from Bahamas to Belize telecom(t-mobile) is the best....
<TG>

I have had T-mobile for the past five years or so and have the plan that allows for use in around 200 countries. I've always had excellent service in numerous trips to Cozumel and during a trip to Costa Rica. In 2019, I spent eight weeks traveling in Europe and my phone worked everywhere we went; Norway, UK, Denmark, Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland...I think you get the idea. Towards the end of our travels, i did get a warning message from T-Mobile that I was using my "overseas" cell service too much and that they might have to slow things down, or I might have to sign up for a different plan if I was going to continue to use it overseas. Best way to avoid that is to be on wifi as much as possible. I live in Colorado and T-Mobile works better outside the United States that at home. I just replaced my very old iPhone 7 with the iPhone 12 with 5G and my service here in Colorado seems to be much better.

I just replaced my very old iPhone 7 with the iPhone 12 with 5G and my service here in Colorado seems to be much better.
My even older iPhone 6S still serves my needs very well. I had to update the iOS to version 13.something in order for an app I need to run, but I won't go to v. 14 or a newer phone until and unless I have to.

This morning I was about to roll off the boat at Punta Sur and my T-Mobile phone was ringing in my dry bag.

This morning I was about to roll off the boat at Punta Sur and my T-Mobile phone was ringing in my dry bag.
I am rarely without my iPhone, but I don't take it out on a dive boat. Water, especially salt water, is very bad news for most electronics.

A couple of years ago I went wading out to the sombrero rock at Chen Rio with my video camera hanging from a strap around my neck. I stepped into a hole and that was the end of that camera.

Check your plan, it’s not unlimited data for Mexico, you get 5GB and then it gets slowed to 2G or 3G and the free data overseas in other countries is slower too. And I’m not 55 yet. :wink:

That's still unlimited.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom