Cebu Pacific Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I quit flying them due to their relatively lower on-time performance to Philippine Airlines especially later in the day. I don't fly there often enough to make it work buying the Sport travel offer. The big thing was not being able to buy a ticket on their website with a US credit card. I could call and give them the very same information though. They also annoy me with all the extras they slap on to the ticket price especially heavier baggage and I figured it came to about the same price as PA by that time. I have honed my packing so my checked bag is right on 20kg so no extra charge with PA with the higher Economy Fiesta fare.

Sugar. Wish i'd seen this thread before booking all my upcoming island hopping on Cebu air. Fingers crossed!

Internal flights are ok I think, but international sucks mastodon balls. Big hairy ones with syphillis! Flight out, depart midnight from pudong shanghai, was 8 hours delayed. When we finally got to Manila, where everyone had missed heir connection with 8 hours, they acted like hey didn't know about th delay, and had to start getting everyone transferred correctly.
cming back also delayed 6 hours. Again, weather as excuse, but we saw they off loaded luggage from he plane and drove it elsewhere, the announced a gate change, so it was technical and didn't want to compensate. So now I refuse to fly Cebu pacific.

If I want to fly into Philippines, 5J would be my 1st choice. It is the only airline that connect HK with Cebu, Clark and Manila. And their special offer is hard to beat.
On time arrival/departure? No big problem.
BTW, some of their ground crews(check-in) are really miserable to communicate with. If they don't like the job, they should seek greener pasture!

ehm, 8 hours delay outbound and 6 hours delay back, all wrapped up in lies I do not call no big problem, especially when you need to connect to the once a week flight to palau and miss that as a result...

Have flown Cebu pacific so many times. Shambolic airlinest times really.sometimes ok. Never had much problem with delays but they have absolutely raped me in baggage allowance before, even when purchased extra on their website. One time I got through check in only to be told my bag was too big at the nxt check, even though they pre checked the size. They made me go bk to check in and re queue up. Then on a leg returning home for my international flight they left my bags in Panay and blamed the weather. I asked them ' was it too hot to put my bags on the plane?' They didn't have an answer! Fortunately my international flight was nxt day! The following yr my bags were fine re weight but they asked to weigh me, then told me I was in excess weight and tried to charge me. And on return they then said they had too many people on the flight, and said I had to fly nxt day- when I advised they would have to pay my international ticket they soon bumped another family off the plane (Filipinos) which I thought was poor. I try and fly other airlines when possible but sometimes I am left with no choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom