Cebu Pacific Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gee13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All

Looks like Im one step closer to diving Philippines!!! Anyone had any experience with Cebu Air care to share please? Checked bags are 15 KG, do they hit you if your over?

Also how do they run - on time or delays?

I will be flying via KL to Cebu with Manila transit.

Thanks!

They're actually quite strict with the 15kg limit. They charge 100pesos per kilo in excess. But you can buy additional kgs online preflight at a rate cheaper than 100/kilo. There's also the option of getting sports plus. 1000pesos for additional 15kg.

Thanks, I actually ended up finding and reading the recent thread about it. So sorry if it was a repeat post, but I would also like to know about the airline reliability with arrival and departure times?

gee13

I flew with them 2 weeks back Taipei to Manila (with prepaid sports equipment) and then paid the excess baggage rate flying on domestic to Caticlan, no problem, flights on time etc. Then Return, checked in at Catilclan and whilst in departure room was told that they'd over booked the flight and would my group of 4 mind if they retrieved our baggage and sent us by road 1.5 hours to Kalibo airport to catch an alternative flight - uum no we were not keen, but were told the plane would not take off from Caticlan until 4 persons gave up there seats - and we just happened to be the last four to check in ! Eventually we agreed and got back the excess baggage fees we'd just paid !

So - reliability, I'd say good for internationals but not so clever on domestics, as that's not the first time I've been asked to change flights.

Enjoy

If you go to their main page, at the lower left corner of the site, you will find their monthly on time performance in % --- and having flown with them for the number of years they are in existence and several flights a year (international and local), i'd say 89% is about right. But they do have nice plane and very able pilots.

Thanks, I actually ended up finding and reading the recent thread about it. So sorry if it was a repeat post, but I would also like to know about the airline reliability with arrival and departure times?

Thanks I went to the site and tried to find out info on whether or not scuba equipment checked in as a sports allowance can be included in one bag for all luggage and couldnt find any secific details. Except scuba equipment is considered seperate from other luggage contents. Also do uw camera accesories count as scuba equip?

Does anyone know or can advise if they have had similar experiences?

I intend to have all my scuba gear in one large bag with my other stuff ...clothes etc.

Their new safety demonstration.

Thanks I went to the site and tried to find out info on whether or not scuba equipment checked in as a sports allowance can be included in one bag for all luggage and couldnt find any secific details. Except scuba equipment is considered seperate from other luggage contents. Also do uw camera accesories count as scuba equip?

I intend to have all my scuba gear in one large bag with my other stuff ...clothes etc.

gee13

The answer is no don't pack it all into one bag. The sports gear 'paid in advance' allows 15kg on top of your normal baggage allowance, but as I have been told several times by Cebupacific staff and as it says in their rules somewhere - that sports gear should be packed as an individual baggage, not combined with other gear or normal baggage allowance to end up with for example a 30kg single baggage.

It depends where you check in, but for sure if you pack all your scuba gear with other gear (clothes) into single bag way over 15kg - you'll more than likely run into arguements at check in, as I have in the past.

As for Camera equipment, the airline will still consider it baggage if checking it in - but along with checking in 1 x sports gear + 1 times other stuff, I normally have a back pack + second bag with the camera gear in it to hand carry, no problem.

Cheers

It's really not that complicated dude. When you purchased the 'sports equipment' baggage allowance, it only means you can have additional 15kg of allowance making a total of 30kg. They do not separate the allowances for regular luggage and the sports bag. The only reason I will tell the check-in counter person that those were scuba equipment and camera equipment is so that they will put a FRAGILE stickers on and handle the bags with some respect. :wink:

To put simply, it doesn't matter if u have a bag that weighs 30kgs or 30 bags that weigh 1kg each. It also doesn't matter if you're not carrying any sport gears.

Thanks I went to the site and tried to find out info on whether or not scuba equipment checked in as a sports allowance can be included in one bag for all luggage and couldnt find any secific details.Except scuba equipment is considered seperate from other luggage contents. Also do uw camera accesories count as scuba equip?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom