CDX5/GT3 High Pressure Seat Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick at Divers-Supply just rang me. Oceanic is gathering the batch information now. He said to expect to hear something in the next 2 weeks.

This does seem very isolated. However it's still concerning to say the least.

I just got a GT3/CDx5 not to long ago. I haven't been diving with it yet, but now I am slightly concerned as well.

That sucks! Get some new plastics and use those as your race skins. :D Looks like it is set for the track, and crashed at the track, full leathers, I will venture to say you were/are a bit sore but nothing serious. Hope you are/were ok. Don't let your wife read Shadow Divers or Deep Decesnt as mine did, now scuba is not even safe in her eyes. :D

Just a shattered left leg, peg through the right foot, and a concusion.

I highsided, and the bike landed on me. The pic was taken as the bike was sliding off me, so I'm told.

Frame and swingarm were bent.

The wife will not be going anywhere near the mentioned sites! Thanks for the heads up.

I thought it was a lowside, how long ago was it? You back on your feet yet? They are books and actually good, I recommend them, just not to worriers.

If you find out the batch information, please post it up.

I thought it was a lowside, how long ago was it? You back on your feet yet? They are books and actually good, I recommend them, just not to worriers.

If you find out the batch information, please post it up.

That was over a year ago. The gixxer was replaced shortly after.

mv8.jpg

Hey guys a lot of you mention your new. Ocasionaly there are failures like this but this seems very isolated. If only one of your 2nd stages is seeping its probally not the HP seat that would most likely cause both to seep. If your concerned def go talk to who you purchased your reg from, hmmm another reason not to buy online! Also remember if it does fail your regs will free flow, but you should all no how to breathe from a free flowing regulator. And for the cave diver in here, it should only cause you to shut down that post. So for everyone if your properly trained and diving within your limitations you will just safely end a dive early.

Hey guys a lot of you mention your new. Ocasionaly there are failures like this but this seems very isolated. If only one of your 2nd stages is seeping its probally not the HP seat that would most likely cause both to seep. If your concerned def go talk to who you purchased your reg from, hmmm another reason not to buy online! Also remember if it does fail your regs will free flow, but you should all no how to breathe from a free flowing regulator. And for the cave diver in here, it should only cause you to shut down that post. So for everyone if your properly trained and diving within your limitations you will just safely end a dive early.

Point well taken. My LDS is taking them back since we just bought ours. We are going to switch to the Delta 4. Initially we wanted to go that route, but they were out of stock.

I am well aware that I just need to shut down the post, but guess what's on the other post.... the same kind of reg. Going a little farther, guess what's on the my buddies left and right post... the same 2 Oceanic regs. I bet by now you see the problem and by the way, one or two failures are an isolated event, not 4 or 5 regs purchased at the same time and place. Safe Diving.

I am well aware that I just need to shut down the post, but guess what's on the other post.... the same kind of reg. Going a little farther, guess what's on the my buddies left and right post... the same 2 Oceanic regs. I bet by now you see the problem and by the way, one or two failures are an isolated event, not 4 or 5 regs purchased at the same time and place. Safe Diving.

Well in that case, i know many divers that do not use identical regs on all there stuff for that same reason, because if they are identical, then it is not necesarily redundant. But I see your point, and 4 or 5 is not isolated per say, until you consider the 100's made. That is why you could consider Atomic regs where each one is individually tested instead of batch testing the standard form of testing for most companies. Each atomic reg is held and tested by a person in the good ole' usa before shipping.

Well in that case, i know many divers that do not use identical regs on all there stuff for that same reason, because if they are identical, then it is not necesarily redundant. But I see your point, and 4 or 5 is not isolated per say, until you consider the 100's made. That is why you could consider Atomic regs where each one is individually tested instead of batch testing the standard form of testing for most companies. Each atomic reg is held and tested by a person in the good ole' usa before shipping.

2 different regs are indeed redundant, no matter if they are the same kind or not. I have about every kind of reg made including Atomic. I just happen to like the Oceanic's. I usually dive 2 different regs, one balanced diaphram and one piston, to ensure one will work under any conditions. The pistons are more reliable. I would bet that's what the divers you know are doing as well. Anyway the problem has been fixed, Phil Ellis will have the regs in the A.M. to fix them for me, if anyone else has a problem I would contact him. He seems to be more than willing to help, when he does not have to, speaks volumes about him in my book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom