CCR2000 back in production!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caveseeker7:
Two innerspace’s signing up within 10 minutes, are you both of them?
And why pick Innerspace’s name if you’re so hot for the CCR2000. I for one was all excited for a moment that Steve or Leon joined the board ... :(
Somehow I think you ganna take a lot of flak for your post.

I would have hoped that with your ‘reputable souce’ and personal experience you’d be the one giving insights. Mil-spec is fine for the military, but tends to be rather expensive and in some cases useless for civilians. MK16 list for close to $60K, I sure am not paying for a non-magnetic RB. Ever tried to get Inconnels filled at an average dive store, or travel with them? Technically illegal to cross state lines without DOT, and for just about every airport sreener they look like the coyote’s ACME bombs.
ISO9000, fine I guess. But doesn’t cover the global market. For Europe CE is needed,
and I doubt the CCR2000 will pass. With welded spherical tanks? Single backmounted counterlung? Yeah, right. So much for global. From what I understand NATO accepted the CE standard, too, so NATO forces are probably also out.

The last CCR2000 I saw was this summer, the price had come to $9,900. With just one display. I wouldn’t dive a CCR with a single display if it went for 99 bucks. Making a convinience optional, like ADVs on Megalodon, Inspiration amd Evolution is one thing,
but the display? Not for me! If the managed to make that rig trim they changed a lot.

Is competition plural or did you refer to APD and forget the ‘?
Prism - one standard, easily available 9V battery in a sealed 1 ata compartment outside the loop, the secondary runs off the O2 cells.
MK16 - same set-up, different battery.
Megalodon - 2 batteries in 2 sealed 1 ata compartments inside the loop.
Inspiration - 2 batteries inside 1 non-sealed compartment in the loop at ambient pressure. The least desirable of the four, but by the time the battery compartment gets flooded the scrubber is, too. The batteries are the least of your worries and you bailout.
Integrated computer issues? What issues you’re talking about?
Parts availability? You’re kidding, right? I doubt that the CCR2000 will start out with the dealer (or instructor) infra structure that the Inspiration has. Remeber the removable breathing loop, that you can conviniently take with you on your vacation and rent the rest of the rig? Care to tell us about all the places you have been to and done that?
Then compare that number with places that offer Inspiration training, parts and supplies.
And with the size and weight I last saw you better be able to just take the loop. Wanna travel with your CCR? Take the Prism or the Mini Meg. Maybe the Evo.

8 hrs. duration tested and certified by whom? NEDU/NAVSEA? DERA? At what depth, temperature and breathing volume? What size scrubber? Or is this a RB80 like distance “So-and-so dove it for that-and-that amount of time the other day.”
Feel free to submit independent testing data, or have Olympic Submarines (or whoever builds the rig these days) post them.

Exactly what I meant with my answers regarding a single display and dubious scrubber duration. What Inspiration hype?

Price is a factor for most people. It sucks, but few have endless means. If it is not for you, look into the new Infinto, or the legendary Cis-Lunar. Last I saw the CCR2000 didn’t have a hydrophobic membrane around the scrubber. Or an integrated OC/DSV. Nor a HUD. Nor ...
When the VR3’s cell craps out you switch to ppO2 calculation without a cell and watch your two(!) handsets/3 cells to make sure they’re at the computer’s setpoint. The Inspiration also gives you the Hammerhead option with dual displays, currently one and soon two integrated trimix deco computers. That’ll be the standard to beat. (Hammerhead batteries are in the handsets, by the way). All that aside, any sane diver, at least extended range diver, carries tables as back-up. Don't you?

So does the Hammerhead, and with two independent computers and controllers, plus the patented DIVA. Steam Machines is working on an integrated computer with HDD display of all computer data. The Evolution and later the Inspiration also offer integrated computers. Innerspace Systems Corp. is working on their’s, too. With some luck it’ll be powered by the Hammerhead, I sure hope so. All of those run off the three sensors in the loop.

Actually, the Inspiration’s reputation is less than pefect, so it’s probably pretty close to reality. No other CCR has such a (good and bad) track record. Hence, the reputation is probably not far from the reality.

If extended range diving is what you consider technical, you’re way off base. Have a look at ZeroG reports and profiles. (No CCR2000s on that trip, I wonder why?). Trevor Jackson’s wreck trip to 177m a few years ago. They’re used on wrecks and in caves all the time, probably a lot more than CCR2000s.

Professional diving? Not many RBs used there, that’s usually surface supplied diving. I doubt they even teach RB diving in commercial diving schools (I know they don’t in Santa Barbara). So we’ll see if the CCR2000 changes all that.

If you have any testing reports and data to share, feel free and do so. I’m sure you’ll find plenty of people here intrested.

Stefan

This is the unit that failed many times 2 NJ divers came out of the water about as straight as a 3 dollar bill. I understand they are VERY lucky to be alive. It started in Wash. state and bounced around for a while with options hard pack, 2 or 3 different soft packs??

Just more RB bull****, to bad

Likewise, they got grandfathered in to the CE approval in Europe. My gut tells me they're in for some competition really really soon[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, Jon. I'm not aware of CE approved spheres for example. plus additional local regs, such as TÜV in Germany. Also, someone would have had to submit the rig for testing and excemption.

Back ground of applied Subsea Technology-

http://www.mtsociety.org/publications/currents/jan_feb_2004/currents_jan_feb_2004.pdf
(page three, far column, under New England) only a paragraph.

Forwarded to website- http://www.oceanopportunity.com/

Descriptive of Applied Subsea Technologies- http://www.oceanopportunity.com/AST.html

So far- Vaporware.
I have watched this since its inception and they fell off the face of the planet. The last time I even heard of a CCR2000 was at the Jersey dive show and that was about two years ago.

I am all for fair play and an active market but your statements are really not inline with what is being done already in the marketplace and Stefan has mentioned the specifics.

You mentioned doing your homework- is there a specific public sight that has these statements … that was updated in the last year?

There are people are doing sub 500ft dives but they are talking to few people and
The reason is their safety, and that of the public- they are usually professionals who need to get something done at a specific depth.

Good luck with the CCR2000; I would welcome it to the market but everyone here has their own interests and the consumers you will be talking to are a lot more sophisticated then a few years ago.

My interests follow with Steam Machines- Disclosure.

Best of luck.

Crazyduck:
Forwarded to website- http://www.oceanopportunity.com/

Descriptive of Applied Subsea Technologies- http://www.oceanopportunity.com/AST.html
And in between the two:
: Applied Subsea Technologies Inc. was a start-up marine technology company.
The CCR2000 was a dead duck from the get-go, too expensive for what little it offered.

There are people are doing sub 500ft dives ...
There were people doing that 30 years ago on Biomarine's CCR1000 and its derivatives.

Commercial diving regulations restrict the use of UBAs, the military has self imposed depth limits for their operation and the few technical divers venturing to that depth do it successfully with Inspirations, Megs, MK15.5s etc.

In the galleries at Applied Subsea Technologie all they use is open circuit equipment. :06:

Innerspace and Innerspace1000 both joined on 10/29/03, the latter stayed the day
and the former came back on the 30th ... they have a project Innerspace on the
Ocean Opportunity website as well as a project AST ... the CCR1000 ... what are the chances
that those two posters were actually Ocean Opportunists? :bluthinki

Wonder if we annihilated the project AST with our little discussion ... :D

caveseeker7:
I doubt it, Jon. I'm not aware of CE approved spheres for example. plus additional local regs, such as TÜV in Germany. Also, someone would have had to submit the rig for testing and excemption.

I know my post was editted ( personal attack), and it lost its meaning during that process

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom