CCR bailout reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice regs and would be perfect... but sometimes a challenge to get serviced in north america
Service has been a non issue in the last decade or so and they also allow DIY service and will let you take the regulator repair course.

I might be the black sheep at this party but I went with all Dive Rite. I knew they worked extremely deep, rebuild kits are available to the end user, and they are affordable. They can be blanked off and a seal kit is also available. Maybe I have been lucky but they have never let me down regardless of abuse and extreme dives.

I might be the black sheep at this party but I went with all Dive Rite. I knew they worked extremely deep, rebuild kits are available to the end user, and they are affordable. They can be blanked off and a seal kit is also available. Maybe I have been lucky but they have never let me down regardless of abuse and extreme dives.

I love my Diverite regs.

To start with you should go with DIN first stage, yoke should not be used in technical diving, especially not during deep (deco) dives. I would advise that you look for environmentally sealed first stage too. Also it is good to have O2 compatible regulator so you can use it for all BO gasses. Word cheap (not too expensive) and rebreather doesn't go together. If you need BO it is most probably stressful situation, and this is when you need reliable and good gear. Don't save money here, that's my suggestion. Me personally I am using Tecline R4 TEC regulators for my bail outs. I have few Apeks regulators too. Both very good and reliable regulators.

Had to use DGX XTRA in a pinch and loved it. It beat my expectations and while I can see how many won't consider an in-house brand from DGX, it is less than $500. D6 is another great choice.

My regs are all Dive Rite XT1/XT2 except for the O2 first stage on my unit, which is something else (came that way).

Had to use DGX XTRA in a pinch and loved it. It beat my expectations and while I can see how many won't consider an in-house brand from DGX, it is less than $500. D6 is another great choice.

I used this through my course and upgraded to Apeks XTX50 so my dgx could go back to ST/doubles duty. Not that I plan on doing any doubles diving.

Signature Stage Kit from Deep6 which includes hoses and SPG is $600. Just the 1st/2nd is $480. It's not a third of the cost, but it's 60% of the cost for a regulator that I think is actually superior to the Apeks and that's not including the free first service.
I have been looking at switching out my bail out regs to something that I know I can get parts for and service myself. I have read a lot about HOG and Deep6 and I am leaning towards the Deep6 as they seem to have pretty good access to the service course. I have to a little more digging though to see if there is someone who offers it on Oahu but I was wondering how the Deep6 signature are for routing hoses. I did notice that the excursion only comes cleaned for use up to 40%. Is that why you are using the DS4 for your 02?

I'm using deep 6 for my deco bailout as well.

I'm using deep 6 for my deco bailout as well.
Are you using the Signature for your rich gas above 80%. How do you like the house routing on the tank?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom