CCR bailout reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you using the Signature for your rich gas above 80%. How do you like the house routing on the tank?

Works great has a swivel and fifth turret.

Had to use DGX XTRA in a pinch and loved it. It beat my expectations and while I can see how many won't consider an in-house brand from DGX, it is less than $500. D6 is another great choice.
I use the DGX XTRA regs for my bailouts and stages too. They have been faithful and breathe great. They also come with an auto closure device that guards against water ingress when you rinse them.

I have been looking at switching out my bail out regs to something that I know I can get parts for and service myself. I have read a lot about HOG and Deep6 and I am leaning towards the Deep6 as they seem to have pretty good access to the service course. I have to a little more digging though to see if there is someone who offers it on Oahu but I was wondering how the Deep6 signature are for routing hoses. I did notice that the excursion only comes cleaned for use up to 40%. Is that why you are using the DS4 for your 02?
Using DS4 simply because the CCR came with it and it was already plugged. I have since swapped to a needle valve and am using a Poseidon first stage since it has an integrated OPV. The Signature is too heavy for this particular rebreather and would make trim quite bad but that is a weird predicament for rebreathers and using the smallest/lightest first stages when you can.
The Signatures have hose routing that is the best in the industry for all open circuit applications, they aren't unique with their hose routing obviously as other 5-port rotating turrets share that accolade, but for single/twinset/sidemount/stage/deco there is nothing better on the market for hose routing.

Using DS4 simply because the CCR came with it and it was already plugged. I have since swapped to a needle valve and am using a Poseidon first stage since it has an integrated OPV. The Signature is too heavy for this particular rebreather and would make trim quite bad but that is a weird predicament for rebreathers and using the smallest/lightest first stages when you can.
The Signatures have hose routing that is the best in the industry for all open circuit applications, they aren't unique with their hose routing obviously as other 5-port rotating turrets share that accolade, but for single/twinset/sidemount/stage/deco there is nothing better on the market for hose routing.
Thanks for the info. I dive the Prism so I am looking at reg set ups for my off board bailout. The deep6 is checking all my boxes:

Perform well at depth.
Use with higher O2 for rich gas.
Access to service parts.
Offer service course that does not require association with shop.
Great customer service.
Good hose routing.

I put the hose routing last as it’s not the biggest deal breaker for me. I really want a great performing reg for my deep bailouts as I grow I to the 100m range and I really want to be able to do my own service and have mostly one brand as I start to replace my OC rec regs also. From what I have read and seen on here Deep6 also has great customer service which is a huge plus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom