Cayucos / Morro Bay buddy / DM April 5-8?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the bay, the tides are very critical because the currents can be swift and once it shifts back out to sea it brings all the bay silt with it. We usually shoot for being in the water at least 1 hour before high tide at Target Rock and I have had 20'+ of viz once at 2 hrs before high tide, but the second dive was the typical 5'.. it is mostly timing and partly luck. The most depth you will get at Target Rock is about 20', so ears should not be a problem and navigation is easy...in addition to your compass... sand means you are getting into the channel and rocks and eel grass mean you are in the dive site and close to shore.

In the bay, the tides are very critical because the currents can be swift and once it shifts back out to sea it brings all the bay silt with it. We usually shoot for being in the water at least 1 hour before high tide at Target Rock and I have had 20'+ of viz once at 2 hrs before high tide, but the second dive was the typical 5'.. it is mostly timing and partly luck. The most depth you will get at Target Rock is about 20', so ears should not be a problem and navigation is easy...in addition to your compass... sand means you are getting into the channel and rocks and eel grass mean you are in the dive site and close to shore.
20 ft. / 6 m, once! That is a refreshing change from the oft-heard "You should have been here last week, it was like a lake!" I like cruising along and looking at small stuff, so I won't be looking for expansive vistas. Thanks for the preparation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom