Cayman Weather - uh oh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoe:
And I managed to be there for Mitch!!
We were on the Brac 3 weeks ago and were told there had been no significant rain in more then 4 months.
The Westerly Ponds weren't ponds, just dried mud. They need rain almost as much as the Texas Panhandle!

Joe
Mitch didn't have to get close at all. A few hundred miles away and the waves did some damage. Any hurricane that size can mess things up over a sizable part of the Caribbean.

May has been a bit better for rain, but it is still dry. There are some ponds around Bodden Town and East End districts which are very dry. So far the cistern is holding its own, but it is big.

Drew Sailbum:
There are several good operators. Most of the dive ops are on the west side (including Seven Mile Beach, Georgetown, and West Bay). There are only three dive ops in all of East End, but that's where the reefs are healthiest. Only one dive op in Northside (Cayman Kai & Rum Point area).

Keep in mind that the prevailing winds are roughly easterly. Since East End is the upwind side of the island, the seas are generally choppier than the west side. Things can get pretty rough occasionally, though summer is the calmest time of year.

I work at one of the dive ops in East End.

Are you allowed to say which one? If so let me know and I'll book up a day out on the East End. Sounds like I should do a couple of days out there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom