Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M0010674.jpg

The best I could do with the size of the beast and the milky water. It was rough and visibility was not good. Somewhere East of Burt's Boulders.

View attachment 150040

The best I could do with the size of the beast and the milky water. It was rough and visibility was not good. Somewhere East of Burt's Boulders.

I've dove at Burt"s Boulders, I found a yellow sea horse there and it was a nice size. I'd have a picture of that sea horse but my camera was on the boat as it was gonna be just a quick dive. I went back to the boat trying to remember underwater landmarks, got my camera but could not find that spot back...drat, doesn't often work to find a spot back once you leave it!
That sure is some milky water V54, I don't think I've ever seen it that bad, was it really rough and you were in the shallows?

---------- Post added March 15th, 2013 at 10:13 AM ----------

At Grand Cayman, north wall, Shark Alley - Indigo Hamlet
FileT0013_zps64d8c2bf.jpg

I have yet to find any seahorses on Brac! I will continue the quest next visit. I even spent my last day in Feb looking at every dock piling near Carib Sands. I might add it is about to fall into the water. No structural support at all.

The dive at Burt's was rough and windy with a bit of current. Jumped in at the end of island access road, missed Spot Bay beach and ended up near school. Not much fun. The picture was at the edge of drop off, near a broken off marker east of the Burt's pin. Cheers .

Immature Trumpet fish, north side of Cayman Brac. The little dots or flecks in the water column are fry.
Caymantrumpet1_zpsa8aa25e8.jpg

---------- Post added March 18th, 2013 at 07:41 AM ----------

While diving in front of the old Divi on Cayman Brac. I do not know what this creature is, I've never seen one previous or since. Maybe someone else can identify this.
CaymanUnidentified_zps829f26cd.jpg

Immature Trumpet fish, north side of Cayman Brac. The little dots or flecks in the water column are fry.
Caymantrumpet1_zpsa8aa25e8.jpg

---------- Post added March 18th, 2013 at 07:41 AM ----------

While diving in front of the old Divi on Cayman Brac. I do not know what this creature is, I've never seen one previous or since. Maybe someone else can identify this.
CaymanUnidentified_zps829f26cd.jpg

Hard to see on my phone. Is it a fire worm?

Sent via Tapatalk+Autocorrupt

Hard to see on my phone. Is it a fire worm?

Sent via Tapatalk+Autocorrupt

No fire worm, it appears to be some kind of shrimp or perhaps a juvenile lobster or shrimp or who knows? The tail definitely looks shrimpish or lobsterish, there appear to be sand diggers on its sides, I'm glad it's not the size of a shark as it looks like it could be quite a menace. It's current size was about an inch.

Back
Top Bottom