Trip Report Cayman Aggressor V, November 24-December 1, 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Along with the food commentary, I would also point out Coz group diving aspects vary widely. There are options for all "tastes." :)

Hmm, I must have missed all of these dining experiences on my two trips to Coz, then. Shame. While the Mexican food I had there was great, that was all I found.

Thank you SO much for the trip report! I'm leaving for the CA5 two weeks from today and am really looking forward to it! I'm also going as a solo diver with a discount, so your perspective is genuinuely appreciated.

I think this thread has been really helpful to me in illustrating that liveaboards are great for divers who really want to improve. I had never done a liveaboard until last winter in Thailand. All my previous dives have been boat dives from a land based dive outfit, and I learned and improved more over the course of that liveaboard than I have anywhere else. I'm reaching the point of skill where repetitive dives over the course of a week is what I need to improve, so 4-5 dives a day sounds like a perfect trip for me!

Any additional tips or suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you SO much for the trip report! I'm leaving for the CA5 two weeks from today and am really looking forward to it! I'm also going as a solo diver with a discount, so your perspective is genuinuely appreciated.

I think this thread has been really helpful to me in illustrating that liveaboards are great for divers who really want to improve. I had never done a liveaboard until last winter in Thailand. All my previous dives have been boat dives from a land based dive outfit, and I learned and improved more over the course of that liveaboard than I have anywhere else. I'm reaching the point of skill where repetitive dives over the course of a week is what I need to improve, so 4-5 dives a day sounds like a perfect trip for me!

Any additional tips or suggestions are appreciated!
I hope you get over to Little Cayman and Cayman Brac, they have not been so successful lately

Please give us a report/tips when you get back, we are making the trip in about 6 weeks.
Will do!

I hope you get over to Little Cayman and Cayman Brac, they have not been so successful lately
Last questions (promise)!
- Any last minute small items that you remember that are/would be useful to bring on this specific liveaboard?
- Tips, is US currency accepted / preference? I assume 15-20% in US cash would be accepted, but don't want that particular faux pas.

Last questions (promise)!
- Any last minute small items that you remember that are/would be useful to bring on this specific liveaboard?
- Tips, is US currency accepted / preference? I assume 15-20% in US cash would be accepted, but don't want that particular faux pas.

US currency is gratefully accepted and 15-20% sounds good. We usually tip dive ops a bit on the heavy side in Cayman because the US dollar is only worth $0.80 there.

Have you been on other liveaboards? I can't think of anything special to bring on the Cayman Aggressor. I did get seasick during the crossing from GC to the Sister Islands, so if you are prone to seasickness I would suggest eating light on the day of departure and taking motion sickness meds. You might also want to bring a few antacids to settle your stomach, but again, only if this is a problem for you. I like to unpack our bags quickly while we are still in the harbor, while my husband unpacks and sets up the gear up on the dive deck - so that I don't have to deal with it when we are underway, in case I get queasy.

The air in the islands is hot, but it can get windy and chilly during the crossing or if the weather turns rainy, so a sweatshirt (or windbreaker) and sweat pants might come in handy. But mostly you will just wear shorts, tees, and swimwear so try not to over pack.

Have you also seen @drrich2's report on his Cayman Aggressor trip?

Have fun!

US currency is gratefully accepted and 15-20% sounds good. We usually tip dive ops a bit on the heavy side in Cayman because the US dollar is only worth $0.80 there.

Have you been on other liveaboards? I can't think of anything special to bring on the Cayman Aggressor. I did get seasick during the crossing from GC to the Sister Islands, so if you are prone to seasickness I would suggest eating light on the day of departure and taking motion sickness meds. You might also want to bring a few antacids to settle your stomach, but again, only if this is a problem for you. I like to unpack our bags quickly while we are still in the harbor, while my husband unpacks and sets up the gear up on the dive deck - so that I don't have to deal with it when we are underway, in case I get queasy.

The air in the islands is hot, but it can get windy and chilly during the crossing or if the weather turns rainy, so a sweatshirt and sweat pants might come in handy. But mostly you will just wear shorts, tees, and swimwear so try not to over pack. Have fun!

Thanks for the tip 'tip' :).

Yes, I've done other liveaboards, and have found that some little things on specific boats are useful (example, bringing an 'over-the-door' hook on a certain thai liveaboard was SUPER helpful, and not something I would have thought to bring :) ).

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the tip 'tip' :).

Yes, I've done other liveaboards, and have found that some little things on specific boats are useful (example, bringing an 'over-the-door' hook on a certain thai liveaboard was SUPER helpful, and not something I would have thought to bring :) ).

Thanks so much!

If you make any other purchases while in Cayman, at a restaurant or the airport for instance, they often automatically add a 15% service charge to the bill, and you are free to add more if you wish, just check the tab to make sure you know what you are paying.

If you have time before your flight home, check in at the airport and get rid of your bag and then catch the free shuttle to the George Town Yacht Club for breakfast or a nice meal. Don't cut it too close because Saturdays are busy days at the airport, but it is nice to grab a little more vacation time on your last day, and they are only about 3 minutes away.

George Town Yacht Club

Back
Top Bottom