Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Off Little Cayman, the Nassau groupers approach divers on a regular basis...
File0126_zpsbacc3a0f.jpg

I'm just guessing but it looks like the grouper on the right is a Yellow mouth grouper the one in the middle is a Nassau grouper and the one on the left looks more like a Dog Snapper.
There is a time of year that the groupers migrate though the Caymans, most notably it's been documented at Little Cayman.

I'm just guessing but it looks like the grouper on the right is a Yellow mouth grouper the one in the middle is a Nassau grouper and the one on the left looks more like a Dog Snapper.
There is a time of year that the groupers migrate though the Caymans, most notably it's been documented at Little Cayman.

Ignore the Snapper per se, but look a bit closer thata way...

Ignore the Snapper per se, but look a bit closer thata way...

Love that spotted/mottled grouper in your shot.

---------- Post added March 9th, 2013 at 02:45 PM ----------

Grand Cayman, northwall, Christmas tree worm in red.
tree1of1-2_zps6457fe20.jpg

After dark the reef squid like to prowl though the shadows, this photo off Little Cayman was almost pure luck. The squid are quite difficult to see and detect, if you do see them they are usually in flee mode.

File0033_zpsc5637625.jpg

---------- Post added March 11th, 2013 at 09:54 AM ----------

Very few divers ever see or find this fish, the Blackedge Triplefin, I found one off Little Cayman, these are about the size of a small fingernail.

File0116.jpg

The Yellow Stingray, this particular stingray was found next to the dock off from the Divi Tiara on the south west area of the Island. About the size of a frizbee this stingray just hung around shuffling in the sand trying to scarf up some meal. Cayman Brac
File0020-1_zps3e18d8a5.jpg

---------- Post added March 13th, 2013 at 09:24 AM ----------

The Hogfish, this fish has quite a beautiful scrawling on its nose, this one found hiding in the Little Cayman shallows near the dive site "Meadows" .
FileC0084_zps200eec8b.jpg

Hey Caymaniac,

Have you ever taken a bad picture? Wow, I am amazed at what you have posted in this thread and every day you seem to come up with another one.

Hey Caymaniac,

Have you ever taken a bad picture? Wow, I am amazed at what you have posted in this thread and every day you seem to come up with another one.

Oh, I have more...they are lined up just waiting to get to this thread:cheers:. Thanks for the kudos, I might as well post them and others can enjoy them, they are just sitting there looking back at me.

Back
Top Bottom