Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeta killed diving for the week, so turned to my other favorite past-time - making music. Sitting in on sax with a local jazz group at the Sandbar in Georgetown last night.

2020-10-29_sandbar.png

While we wait for Mike to surface with some photos...:) Hint hint..

Over 4 weeks of no diving due to storm activity, and 7-10 foot seas forecasted for most of this week. They are surfing in front of our place, however! I tried to take some photos while snorkeling on Sunday but was bouncing around so much it was too difficult to shoot. So keep posting from your collection!

Over 4 weeks of no diving due to storm activity, and 7-10 foot seas forecasted for most of this week. They are surfing in front of our place, however! I tried to take some photos while snorkeling on Sunday but was bouncing around so much it was too difficult to shoot. So keep posting from your collection!

Might be time to temporarily hang up the regs and pickup the boogie board/ surfboard. Be safe

Finally back in the water yesterday. 5 foot seas, 25 mph gusts and white caps - but on we charged. Nothing out of the ordinary - no rays, turtles, sharks, eels, sea horses... just the usual cast of fishy characters - but still great to get back in. Did orange canyon and sand chutes (with a swim-by of the Kittiwake).

PB290610.jpg
PB290608.jpg
PB290614.jpg

I don't want deviate from subject. Just a quick question. Are the Cayman Islands open for tourism or still regulating due to COVID?

I don't want deviate from subject. Just a quick question. Are the Cayman Islands open for tourism or still regulating due to COVID?
Still essentially closed for tourism - I suspect it will be late spring before they reopen and very much based on vaccination progress as they've never really had a plan beyond just staying shut until this passes that I can see! I'm trying to be hopeful but feeling more pessimistic at this point that my planned mid-April trip will be able to happen as scheduled. We'll see and I'll reschedule as required - anxious to get back to dive with my favorite dive ops and support the local economy.

Back
Top Bottom