Cavern/Cave Dives, July 31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nope... i was waiting until this week to do it

May want to wait until Fri. Call down to Cave Ex'sns. Of course we are meeting there anyway and check then. We should have alternate plans such as Manatee.

I'm a definate for the springs this week-end, I just need directions to Cave Excursions. The only time I was there, I was following my Instructor around all these back roads. Didn't have a clue where I was !!! LOL

I spoke with the guys at Bill Rennakers (Luraville) and they say the spring basins
are covered with algal bloom, but the caverns and caves themselves are
"perfectly clear." i asked him, can we do cavern dives?
he said yes.

dutchfin, to get to Bill's place, you need to get on county road 50 either north or
south. if you are coming north, cross the bridge over the Suwanne and keep an
eye for the dirt road right before you hit the Agricultural station. Turn right
and you'll see Bill's place. their phone is 386-776-2299.

if you're coming south, pass the Agricultural station and immediately turn left on
the dirt road. you'll see Bill's place.

if you get lost, there's a convenience store just north of the Agricultural station.
ask for directions there.

here's a map of the area (it has to do with a different location)

http://www.cavediver.net/archives/socials/mapsocial2003.htm

and here are directions from Jax:

http://www.sidemount.com/directions.html

I'm going but not at 8:30.
I have a 3 hour drive to get there. I can be there around 10:30.
If thats OK with you guys then we can meet up. If not let me know.
I don't want to waste my time or gas driving for nothing.
Fred

that's fine with me. we'll probably get a dive in around 9:00, and then i will need
to refill, so i can meet you at Bill's at 10:30 and we can dive after that.

Is going to try and go with me. Now if you guys want to pick a mind he's the one I would choose.
He might bring a couple of students to dive Orange Grove first. I'll let you know. But if we do orange grove it ain't a bad Cavern dive either. I haven't been that far back in the cave yet so I just don't know.

I hope GDI can make it. It will be a pleasure to meet him and to do some picking.
I did both my Cavern and Intro at Peacock and Orange (and Telford) and I like them alot.
I'm expecting my FredT ssbp on Friday. Hopefully I can have it set up for sat. If not I'll bring it and get some pointers in getting it set up.
Looks like it's going to be a good day to dive.

Chuck

fgray1:
He might bring a couple of students to dive Orange Grove first. I'll let you know. But if we do orange grove it ain't a bad Cavern dive either. I haven't been that far back in the cave yet so I just don't know.

Orange Grove has a great cavern dive, you can go back quite a
ways and still be in daylight. also, not too deep (90-ish max)

good place to practice reel and signal work

ok, so what time is everybody but Fred getting there?
i'm thinking between 8:00 and 8:30, get a dive in by 10:00,
meet up with Fred while we refil?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom