Cave Dives - Ginnie Springs FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice! I understand your comments about setting up shots. When doing video I have to decide if I want to video a dive, or shoot a dive video. Just videoing a dive is easy peesy. Setting up to shoot a dive video is a lot of time and planning. Even more so at a place like Ginnie with a lot of flow. It is also hard to find someone who wants to take the time to do a dive video setup.

Awesome videos. I was there 05 May and dove it. No penetration (no training) but the all 4 springs are awesome dives. I think its devil's spring, the one closest to the river, has some insane amounts of water flow coming out of it. Really cool place.

That is a good thought. I have a dive coming up on a deep wreck and I was thinking of giving the TWO MAIN lights to the lead dive team. Then swim alongside and slightly above to capture the dive from that perspective. I was thinking of not actually carrying any of the video lighting (my buddy could light the lead dive team, etc.

That will be in mid July. I'll post what I get from that.

That is a good thought. I have a dive coming up on a deep wreck and I was thinking of giving the TWO MAIN lights to the lead dive team. Then swim alongside and slightly above to capture the dive from that perspective. I was thinking of not actually carrying any of the video lighting (my buddy could light the lead dive team, etc.

That will be in mid July. I'll post what I get from that.

This is what I try to do. I have five video lights that I disperse through the crowd. I even have some that will get laid down in areas to light up areas. I try to give the lead diver the brightest light to offer the most penetration.

If you go to YouTube and search for James Kleinheinz or for cave dive Ginnie insulation room, you can see what I am talking about. Also check out "that 70 degree waterhole". For each of those I gave lights to the lead divers and was very pleased with the results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom