Pushing out a little further beyond the Hill 400 Line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You haven’t seen it here either…all I’ve said is that it isn’t the answer to his problem.
You know you’re not the only one posting in the thread, right?

True, but I’m the one that called it a **** plan. So I’ll take the heat on it. It was a poorly articulated way of saying that gas isn’t the answer to the problem. Building comfort through experience is.

I haven’t seen anything said otherwise on this thread…but that may be my own interpretation.

He did say not to bring more gas and so did several other people in this thread. Because the dive is so easy essentially and he shouldn't go there because he asked whether more gas would be over the top (which is a reasonable question to ask). The only actual reason given was too much drag and more gas is alleged to be a 'courage pill' for Manatee.

Honestly I feels a bit spooky back there, and it reassures me to have an extra 75cuft.
Based upon this post and the opening post, all the clairvoyants in this thread determined the mental state and skill level of Manatee. He could be just a very careful guy, which is not a bad thing. What they're are actually arguing against is solo diving.

He did say not to bring more gas and so did several other people in this thread. Because the dive is so easy essentially and he shouldn't go there because he asked whether more gas would be over the top (which is a reasonable question to ask). The only actual reason given was too much drag and more gas is alleged to be a 'courage pill' for Manatee.

Based upon this post and the opening post, all the clairvoyants in this thread determined the mental state and skill level of Manatee. He could be just a very careful guy, which is not a bad thing. What they're are actually arguing against is solo diving.
I'm not arguing against solo diving. I dont give a **** about that
lots of people with much more experience than you have in this thread are telling you the dude doesn't seem ready for this dive based on that experience. you just don't grasp it

lots of people with much more experience than you have in this thread are telling you the dude doesn't seem ready for this dive based on that experience.
I'm always glad to listen to more experienced people when they're actually making a point. I don't even know what ya'll are a up in arms about.
He felt spooked once and was considering more gas... you guys draw ALOT from this.
I don't wanna go into the 5th circle around this.

I'm always glad to listen to more experienced people when they're actually making a point. I don't even know what ya'll are a up in arms about.
He felt spooked once and was considering more gas... you guys draw ALOT from this.
I don't wanna go into the 5th circle around this.
we know.

Real life has been interfering so I haven't had a chance to reply, though I was reading. I can't reply in detail, because life hasn't gotten even remotely back to normal, just not as completely nuts.

First someone ask about why didn't I have buddies, and implied there is a reason for that. Well first is that I dive during the week, so that limits my options a lot. My schedule despite attempts to normalize things my schedule can and does change at the drop of a hat. Second is that the buddies I have had in the past have moved beyond the level I feel comfortable with. Like moving to scooters or CCR. I am still haven't quite maxed my OC swimming range, but I am reaching the edges of it.

Third is that I am not the most social person, and I am a bit stubborn. If I am not a 100% comfortable I will call or do something else. More than once I've gotten to the Lips and simply called the dive because something was bugging me. I don't want to inconvenience a buddy simply because of my nerves. Yes I know "Anyone can call a dive..." but we all know that if you do it too many times without a good reason you get fewer people to dive with you.

The final reason is while having a buddy is a great experience and I've had some amazing dives with them, but for me there is something about just being in the moment by yourself. I am a naturally introverted person, so I often on the exit I will just let the flow carry me. Pop into holes, rise in domes, and drop into valleys.

Next I want to address the "Spooky" comment. As I mentioned I do listen to my nerves. I found the Bone Line spooky at first, dark walls and black silt. As I got used to it that feeling went away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom