Casa Mexicanna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kleppta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone stayed at Casa Mexicana?

I am from Toronto and their are good deals for air and hotel for around $950.00 can. Looks like your basic 3 star hotel with cont breakfast.

Just wondering if anyone can comment on the quality of the hotel and the service.

Kleppta

Casa Mexicana is one of the highest quality hotels on the island in my opinion. It ranks up with the Presidente and Playa Azul. It is not a resort type property, but it is new, well managed, nicely decorated, clean, great location, waterfront (no beach). Each room has AC, internet connection (with your laptop), cable tv, and a wonderful buffet breakfast is served on the terrace each morning. I would classify it as 4 star at least by US standards. It does not have 5 star ammenities, but the quality is a 5 star by island standards if that makes any sense...haha!

I don't think you'll be dissappointed with this choice.

I would also be interested in anyone who has stayed at this property. If it is such a wonderful facility then I am a bit surprised by the low rate. It is extremely competitive and with the locaton it sounds too good to be true. Have booked a Casita Suite with FA but this sounds very interesting and I might have to consider.

I have never stayed there. I would assume the rates are low because it is not a "resort" but a downtown hotel no beach etc. I have heard that it is one of the best downtown hotels. Looks very nice from the street. Ask for a ocean view if you stay there.
There are other hotels toward the south that are resonable. Caribe Blu is one.

I have just booked to stay there. I have spoke to one person who has seen the place and they said it was an OK hotel (but they also voluntarily stay at El Cid Le Ceiba which I've not heard good things about). It's not a resort, and it has no beach, but it is ocean front. It is also down town. FYI Cozumel Equalizers and BlueXTSea are located within 4 blocks of the hotel. The other thing this place has going for it is if you look at reviews online they are pretty possitive overall compared with somewhere like Plaza Las Glorias which is about 50% good and 50% bloody aweful.

We booked through US Airways...ran us 1630 from Norfolk, VA for 7 nights end of May beginning of June travelling mid week.

DrSteve:
I have just booked to stay there. I have spoke to one person who has seen the place and they said it was an OK hotel (but they also voluntarily stay at El Cid Le Ceiba which I've not heard good things about). It's not a resort, and it has no beach, but it is ocean front. It is also down town. FYI Cozumel Equalizers and BlueXTSea are located within 4 blocks of the hotel. The other thing this place has going for it is if you look at reviews online they are pretty possitive overall compared with somewhere like Plaza Las Glorias which is about 50% good and 50% bloody aweful.

We booked through US Airways...ran us 1630 from Norfolk, VA for 7 nights end of May beginning of June travelling mid week.

DrSteve El Cid is actually located at the cruise ship pier south of town. When I was in Coz Christmas it was looking a little worn. IMO Casa Mexicana looks very nice, but again I have never stayed there. You might try travel notes web site www.travelnotes.cc they have a lot of reviews for hotels and dive ops in Coz.

Stayed at Casa Mexicana last year (on recommendation of Doc Vickingo). It is an absolutely first class operation. Large, clean, nice rooms; great breakfast; in town and close to everything. Only drawback is no beach.

Rich Hagelin

Trust me, as long as you don't need an onsite beach, restaurant or happening bar you'll be thrilled with Casa Mexicana.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Again thank you guys. I'm looking forward to it so much (so's the wife). Would you recommend a Cenotes trip to the mainland?

Absolutely recommended.

If you want to do it the easy way, most dive ops on Coz can set everything up for you.

You're making me envious.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom