Cape Ann Divers :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark, nothings perfect. If you go through life cutting your nose off despite your face, you're going to be a really unhappy bitter person. Maybe try meeting them half way. Hell, maybe even ask someone to help you bridge the gap. You're not 100% wrong, but neither are they.

Dark, nothings perfect. If you go through life cutting your nose off despite your face, you're going to be a really unhappy bitter person. Maybe try meeting them half way. Hell, maybe even ask someone to help you bridge the gap. You're not 100% wrong, but neither are they.

I am truly am not that motivated, it isn't important enough to me to be able to dive with CAD to go out of my way to bridge gaps. They'll get along just fine without me.

Just for contrast, in 2011 I went to NC with the same certs I had when I called the former CAD. On the very 1st dive the wreck Aeolus in 110FSW my buddy got spooked and called the while I was waiting for him at the15' hang line. I came up, the DM explained what happened. So I said to him there's plenty of divers down there I know, I'll hang out with a couple of them. No problem have a nice dive was the reply. This from a DM I'd only talked to for a while pre-dive, but it was enough for him to make the correct decision. I always look forward to going back to NC! Same with the operator around here, if I show up alone with my dry suit and my independent doubles to dive, I get to dive with or without a definite buddy.

At 64 I've lived most of my life as you claim "cutting off my nose to spite my face" I disagree, I call it standing by my principles, never the less I've done alright, not as well as some, but not as bad as others. I'll stand pat, but thanks.

He has made a choice that he is happy with, that appears not to inconvenience him in any way, has no impact on anyone else, and is not being pushed on anyone else. Forget "not 100% wrong", it is 0% wrong.

He is also not saying they are wrong - just that they don't suit him.

I am at a loss to understand why everyone seems to take such issue with this.

He has made a choice that he is happy with, that appears not to inconvenience him in any way, has no impact on anyone else, and is not being pushed on anyone else. Forget "not 100% wrong", it is 0% wrong.

He is also not saying they are wrong - just that they don't suit him.

I am at a loss to understand why everyone seems to take such issue with this.

You must be having a temper tantum also, you just don't know it. You should leave it up to others that don't know you or anything about you to tell you about yourself and how you feel. What's the matter with you anyway? :)

Last edited:
I don't think anyone really is taking an issue with it at all. If he was completely comfortable with it, why get on here and complain in the first place? I think since HE brought this whole thing up, we're all just kicking the tires. You bring up a topic, don't complain when people analyze it.

I'll discuss this until JC gets back if you'd like. However, there are only so many ways to express the same concept, and I think we've exhausted those at this point.

I still think that the current system of diving certification is sorely lacking and some kind of "get-to-know-me dive" for longtime divers that are new customers would serve everyone better. In addition there is no reason except greed for that dive to cost large amounts. I simple OW dive with a DM should be enough to evaluate any proficient diver. If that one dive still leaves competency questions then the answer is a simple no, not without further training.

I'm sorry did I just have a temper tantum?

Not to take this anymore off topic but does anyone know what boat the diver who died this weekend was on? It didn't look like gauntlet, down under, daybreaker, or CAD2 were on the Poling Saturday morning. I don't think captain steve has his boat in the water yet. Am I missing a charter boat op in the area?

original deleted.

Sorry all, I need to more careful posting at 03:30. Then the lol, that wasn't meant to be there, that was to have been deleted! I was going to reply to skwril's post with lol but changed my mind when I saw the post about the accident.

Thanks for pointing this out king_of_battle! I would not have been happy to find it on my own later. I can't access SB from work or I would have deleted it sooner.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom