Canyon Lake 5-27-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I know this is a little late but I had a busy week. Dove Canyon Lake Tuesday last week and here was the skinny: Dive 1 was to 87' and temp got down to 58 degrees for 48 min went down the lines from platform 2 to the trees and followed the lines run to the deep platform then came back up. Second dive was max of 32 feet and a water temp of 75 dove over past where the Vespa was to the car and boat then feed the fish and headed out.

Well I know this is a little late but I had a busy week. Dove Canyon Lake Tuesday last week and here was the skinny: Dive 1 was to 87' and temp got down to 58 degrees for 48 min went down the lines from platform 2 to the trees and followed the lines run to the deep platform then came back up. Second dive was max of 32 feet and a water temp of 75 dove over past where the Vespa was to the car and boat then feed the fish and headed out.

How was the viz?

Canyon Lake, huh? How do I get to this dive site / lake?
Thank you for any effort for explaining this to a small brain. I live in D/FW Arlington.

Thanks,
JR

Canyon is south and a little west of San Marcos. It's actually a really nice lake. There are a handful of reports and threads about it.

Bring a flag.

TwoBit

I keep meaning to go there myself, if anyone makes a trip this summer PM me.
I'll shoot you a line next time we're planning to go. Can you get off to dive during the week? From Monday - Thursday they don't charge an admission fee and the campground and the lake is much less crowded.

Can you get off to dive during the week?

Probably not. But I am a State employee so I get all the lesser-known holidays off. Please PM me even if you are going during the week and I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom