Cancun/bus/ferry to coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaschne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Been a couple of years since I did the bag drag, if I get in around 3:15 and pick up luggage can I catch the bus and get the ferry to Coz to arrive that night? What is last ferry time to Coz? thanks for any info K

Oh yeah. You can make it, to be sure!
I did it landing in CUN, landing sometime after 6 last March, and caught the 8pm ferry.
The last ferry, last time I checked, was at 10pm.
I'd check the ferry companies themselves to get last ferry times.

Just last March we landed at CUN, 6:00 and made it to the Aldora shop before they closed at 8:00. That was without bags though. Your travel time is going to depend on traffic and construction on the way to PDC. They were putting up new bridges, on the road, as of March. Not sure of status now.
We have done it even quicker than that with bags believe it or not. That was two years ago, 2008. Greg at the Villa couldn't believe we made it to the island so fast. Timing is everything. I'd rather go on a non stop flight through CUN (bag drag) than change planes (Texas) to get to CZM. In the Spring of 2007, on our honey moon, it took 36 hours to get back to Chicago due to broken planes and weather in DFW. My new bride was not happy with that travel experience.

Hmmmm, depends on how busy Immigration & Customs is, what mode of ground travel you use, and luck - but with the worst of all, if you land on time, you should be fine even if you don't get to the buses until 5, don't leave until 6, and don't arrive until after 7 for the next ferry at 8 or 9.

Been a couple of years since I did the bag drag, if I get in around 3:15 and pick up luggage can I catch the bus and get the ferry to Coz to arrive that night? What is last ferry time to Coz? thanks for any info K

The bus leaves Cancun airport at 3:45 so it depends on immigration line and luggage pick up to catch that bus. you most likely will get the 4:45 bus or take an expensive shuttle or taxi. If you make the 3:45 you probably will miss the 5pm ferry because of the construction and the traffic in PDC. Bus used to make the trip in an hour but last couple years traffic backups has caused it to be 1:15 or longer.
In any case take your time your on vacation sit in PDC and have a nice dinner a glass of wine and catch one of the late ferry. You will still get to Coz that night, your hotel will still be there, and you will be more relaxed.

I did the bus from downtown Cancun once, had to take the 9pm ferry, but still made the 8 am boat the next day.

Do have Mexican coins handy for the pay toilets in the bus stations tho. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom