Votes: 13 7.8%
  • No.

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Shut up and dive!

Votes: 19 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just curious what percentage of people bother with this.

Yes I can reach my valves (all 5 of them) and make sure I can near the start of every dive.

I can reach all of them.

Now, shut up and dive!

:D

---
Ken

If you dive doubles you should bother with it for sure.

I can barely reach the valves on dry land but in the water I can easily reach both tank valves and the isolation valve. But I can't reach the right hand tank valve with my left hand if that counts. Neither can I reach the left hand tank valve with my right hand. But I can reach the isolation valve knob with either hand. How's that....

Yup, reaching my single tank valve is part of my pre-dive checklist.

John

I can do it in both singles and doubles. I'm very careful about where I put my tank, to be sure I can.

Yup being able to reach my valve helped me out in one situation where a crew member cranked my valve shut then barely cracked it open. It gave me just enough air till I passed 50 feet. Then things got a little interesting lol.

In doubles, yes. In singles when wearing a 3mm, yes (very easily). In my dry suit diving my single HP100s, no. I've tried and tried and tried. No dice.

Back
Top Bottom