Identify tank valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

js1221

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Need help identifying a tank valve. Tank was given to my LDS, but they did not need it so I bought it from them. It just had its hydro and VIP done, so it’s good to go. I want to change the hand wheel to a different color. I had a Scuba Choice hand wheel but it did not fit. I’m not familiar with this tank valve, can someone tell me anything about it? If it helps, it came on a Luxfer 63cf tank.

Attachments

• IMG_0705.jpeg
    IMG_0705.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 56
Need help identifying a tank valve. Tank was given to my LDS, but they did not need it so I bought it from them. It just had its hydro and VIP done, so it’s good to go. I want to change the hand wheel to a different color. I had a Scuba Choice hand wheel but it did not fit. I’m not familiar with this tank valve, can someone tell me anything about it? If it helps, it came on a Luxfer 63cf tank.
It's a Genesis K valve. Ok for what it is but not compatible with any parts from the more ubiquitous Thermo/XS Scuba type valves. You will have a hard (maybe impossible) time finding a different color handle for it. What reason do you need a different color?

Thank you. Not a need, just a want. I will leave it as is.

Looks like its a Genesis KA-30
reference: Genesis KA-30 Yoke Valve. O2 Clean. $20 Shipped CONUS
and judging from the different "compatibility" of vindicator knobs, its going to be easier to just switch the valve with something else. It looks to be in a configuration of its own without any comparable other brands.

Model # - Fits These Brand Valves
  • Model #1 Halcyon
  • Model #2 Catalina, Dacor, OMS, PST, Sherwood 4000 & 5000, Thermo
  • Model #3 Dive Gear Express (DGX Gears), Dive Rite, Scuba Max, Scuba Pro, Sea Elite
  • Model #3SP Youngdo
  • Model #4 Sherwood 6300, U.S. Divers/Aqua Lung
  • Model #5 U.S. Divers (Labeled Santa Ana, Cal.)
  • Model #5SP Genesis KA-30 (France)
  • Model #6 Blue Steel
  • Model #7 Genesis KA-70, Midland
  • Model #8 Harrison, XS Scuba
  • Model #9 San-o-sub

Looks like its a Genesis KA-30
reference: Genesis KA-30 Yoke Valve. O2 Clean. $20 Shipped CONUS
and judging from the different "compatibility" of vindicator knobs, its going to be easier to just switch the valve with something else. It looks to be in a configuration of its own without any comparable other brands.

That's amazing.

As far as I can see, model #5SP (the one that fits) only comes in black but you might be able to buy a second Vindicator set with a green handle if they are cross-compatible.

BTW in my experience, the Vindicators are occasionally prone to getting cross threaded if they get bumped and jam up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom