Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tell me more...

Not much to tell.

fi.google.com is the website.

You sign up for a SIM a couple of weeks before your trip (if you don't have one already).

Download the app to your phone, and insert the SIM on the way to the airport (though I believe with iOS you might need a WiFi connection so you might have to do it at home). Select your plan, and after an hour or so it is provisioned and you can use it almost anywhere for the same rate as the US. International calls are an additional fee, but fairly cheap.

They have two plans one has a base fee ($20 for a single line) and $10/gb used up to a max (6 GB max on a single line), or if you know you are going to use more than the max, you can sign up for an unlimited plan ($70 for a single line). It seems expensive, but unless you don't use much data it is pretty price competitive for SIM travel plans. I know on one trip I spent $80 on Vodafone top offs because hotel WiFi was $10 a day. In Japan I used 15GB of data on my 3 week trip (again because many hotels had pay of WiFi or it was so slow it was unusable).

You can also loan the SIM to others. My mom used my SIM on her trip to Europe last year.

Wow. Thanks for your patronage now GTFO huh? crazy. Glad the trip was good man, thank you for all of the insider updates, honestly appreciate it. Travel home safey!

One thing that I have to add, and I’ll try to write a long review. Post photo edit etc. I dove with scuba Du out of the presidente, mainly because all of my dives were included in the deal including unlimited shore dives etc. I’ve seen several operators and other on the forum commenting on how scuba Du are the most expensive on the island. I’d be interested to know how much more expensive? The guides were fine, and by ‘fine’ I usually am happy with a guide who just leaves me alone to do my thing and we dive over 60 mins and he/she spots macro stuff for me. ‘Great’ is a sharp eye macro spotter who makes me laugh between dives.

The boat was perfectly adequate, not full etc.

the one standout thing that I have never seen from any other operator on Cozumel or otherwise was when I was done on my 2nd dive, I completely shed my kit where is stood on the boat, on their orders..and a dude called Victor met the boat at the dock, I stepped off the boat and walked the 15 steps to fall in the pool as someone brought me a beer. Victor got on the boat, took all my kit and had it completely detailed and set up for my next dive (shore or boat the next morning) E.g my tanks and fins and bcd etc would be waiting, set up next to she stairs Into the ocean for the shore dive..and when o say detailed I mean ‘detailed’ he hand washes wetsuits in wetsuit shampoo, cleans and flushes BCDs/ cleans fins etc. I picked up my kit this am, washed, dried, folded. In the best condition it’s ever been... I have a price I’m happy to pay for that...hands up any other dive ops on coz who do that.
i suppose the question is, how much more are the 2 tanks for scuba du at the presidente??

Cancun porters are more aggressive than last time. Said ‘thanks but I didn’t want anyone touching my bags due to covid‘
Response ‘maybe you should go home and not come back’
Hindsight is always 20:20, but IMO a simple "no, gracias" might have been better than something that the porter might interpret as saying that you were worried that he would contaminate your bags.

Hey doves taste good when you cover it with chili garlic sauce.

Then again most things taste good when you cover it with chili garlic sauce.

Doves FTW!

:wink::wink::wink::wink:
Nah, I like you Don, but I have to admit you aren’t important enough for me to proofread when I’m taxiing on the runway.
Are you having to pilot the plane?

Back
Top Bottom