Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to say I had a great experience with scubalife prior to arriving. I am not diving with them but others here are and are giving them very high props as expected.

Aldora has 2 or more boats running every day.

aldora-rainbow.png

Things still looking good there on the ground? I won't lie, with plans to touch down in 14 days i'll likely use you guys for reference more than any other source. SIRI gonna be jealous (let her be, i'm an android guy anyway, lol)

COZ it is, but looking a little insight if possible. Myself and my non-diving Girlfriend prefer the big all inclusive resorts with nice sand beaches, restaurants, and entertainment so she is comfortable while I am out swimming with the fishes. Iberostar, where we've been before is shuttered until November which means Dressel is too, at least for now. We're looking at Secrets, but I haven't seen all that great of reviews on "Dive House" who is the on site operator. Can anyone recommend a solid operator that does resort pick ups? Might have to just deal with the on site crew, especially being a single diver and I hate to judge them based solely on reviews, many of which are old but I feel like I should have a backup plan. Planning on booking this trip for July 4th tomorrow. Any tips, tricks, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I do not believe you are locked into using the 'in house' dive op. Other dive ops can pick you up there (I forget if secrets pier charges a pickup fee). Many but not all of the dive ops are spooling back up. You might want to inquire with some of the valet dive ops to see if they can accommodate you. After a three month lock down any of them will probably bend over backwards to accommodate you provided they have enough customers to make the trip economically viable.
Tres Pelicanos
Liquid blue
Blue XT Sea
plus many others.

Secrets/Sunscape last year was charging for non-in house dive op pickups at the wood pier to the south when friends stayed there. They charge the guest. Per communications I have seen from them, Sunscape plans to re-open 15 July and Secrets 1 July but better check beforehand.

I am now considering Aldora Villa for end of July....never stayed nor dove with them...price for their unit alone seems steep compared to the Grand Occidental I normally stay at and the Grand is all inclusive...are they flexible on their pricing? Guess one can ask....

Secrets/Sunscape last year was charging for non-in house dive op pickups at the wood pier to the south when friends stayed there. They charge the guest. Per communications I have seen from them, Sunscape plans to re-open 15 July and Secrets 1 July but better check beforehand.

The charge from what I hear is $2.00 USD (like 45.6 pesos) per day. Maybe it's just me but I feel like this nominal amount should be a non-issue. Trust me, if I don't have to taxi to the boat, I got your $2 and then some, lol. kinda bummed Susncape won't be open yet, having that access to a sister resort is always nice. Thank you for the input, that confirms what I've heard. Cheers!

Cancun porters are more aggressive than last time. Said ‘thanks but I didn’t want anyone touching my bags due to covid‘
Response ‘maybe you should go home and not come back’

Cancun porters are more aggressive than last time. Said ‘thanks but I didn’t want anyone touching my bags due to covid‘
Response ‘maybe you should go home and not come back’
They didn't say that did they?

Tell me more...
I couldn't much out of him, but it seems that you can sign up for Google Fi, make sure it works with the new card, put it on pause and change back to your regular carrier card, change cards, when you go overseas and activate Google Fi, and use that number. At the end of your trip, pause google and go back to old carrier.

Back
Top Bottom