Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if it was insured?
I saw a picture of it this morning on Facebook. It looks to be sunk down to about half way up the mast and canted at an angle, bow down. It's not in the harbor but offshore a ways though not out past the wall. I couldn't tell where, though.

I saw a picture of it this morning on Facebook. It looks to be sunk down to about half way up the mast and canted at an angle, bow down. It's not in the harbor but offshore a ways though not out past the wall. I couldn't tell where, though.

Aarrrrrgh. That be bad news for me fellow pirates.

zmassage19_abcdef22.jpg
:zap1::( So very sad to see this. And it's the newer, larger ship. I just hope he had insurance. The owner is a great guy. And they haven't been working since mid-March. I am sure this is crushing for their employees, too.

I think I'm going to Coz for Labor Day weekend.

Nope. Direct to Cun from NYC. as low as 166 I've seen but probably more like 260 at the end of the day. Still much better than last Feb.

Now I just have to convince the wife.

View attachment 590676 :zap1::( So very sad to see this. And it's the newer, larger ship. I just hope he had insurance. The owner is a great guy. And they haven't been working since mid-March. I am sure this is crushing for their employees, too.

Id think they’d float that boat tomorrow, sure there will be issues to deal with but hopefully not total loss.

So why did the pirate boat sink? Is it not insured?

Nope. Direct to Cun from NYC. as low as 166 I've seen but probably more like 260 at the end of the day. Still much better than last Feb.

Now I just have to convince the wife.
Yeah, 4 hours on a plane is better than 4 to 12 hours in DFW; nice idea. The best I see is $180 RT on Frontier if you leave Wednesday, August 26, for six nights, but Sunday is a bad day to shop for fares generally. Too, the airlines are still in chaos and changing flights & fares rapidly.

For my planned flights to Fresno with a couple of my kids to see the Giant Trees, we booked at $255, then saw those flights drop to about $200, but now that Phoenix connection is out. They'll fly us via DFW with longer times on planes and total travel times, arriving later, returning much later, on flights that cost about $650 today. We try to accept the adventures of travel, but I don't know. If we decided to bail, I think we could get cash refunds instead of vouchers.

Back
Top Bottom