Can I tune my SP G260?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlyStrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Bought it new a couple months ago.

nrSwFVH.jpg

Guess I should've asked "how"?

Yes. My '91 G250 was serviced and upgraded. It was tuned and breathes easier than new 260.

Yes. My '91 G250 was serviced and upgraded. It was tuned and breathes easier than new 260.
That can happen but it should be an easy task to get the 260 singing. You’ll need an air supply and have it (260) on its first stage.

first make sure the reg is set in dive mode and the adjustment is all the way open (turned CCW to its stop.

in the middle of the adjuster you’ll see a black plastic plug, find a small screwdriver that will fit in the little slot in the edge of the plug and lift it loose.

an in-line adjuster is handy but not necessary if you have a bucket of water handy. Do not mess with the hose end orifice.

find a thin screwdriver that will fit into the adjuster deep inside the knob and with air on turn this adjustment screw CCW until you hear air leaking by, take a breath, tank another one then screw the adjuster in 1/4 turn, take a breath and listen for air.

if you don’t hear and airflow stick it in the bucket of water carefully mouthpiece first, let it slowly fill with water and look for bubbles, if you see any tighten the screw about 1/16 turn at a time until it stops,take a few breaths. This is, if the orifice is right giving optimal lever height, as good as it gets with that (your) combination of spring and orifice/seat.

let us know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom