SP Mk19 Whistling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's why I asked about DIN vs yoke. Of all the myriad things Scubapro has wrestled with trying to fix this issue (lube, rotating the HP seat, etc.), the one thing the DIN Mk19EVO shares with the Mk25 is a thin, low pressure spring in the high flow tank air pathway. In the Mk25, there's some sort of harmonic vibration going at certain air densities or conditions.

Do not the Mark 19 and Mark 25 use the same Universal DIN kit (and the Mark 2)?

My Mark 2 Evo tried that weird whistling thing after I installed the DIN kit (for the Red Sea) and I took that filter spring and put a little stretch on it. I had to take it apart after one of the DMs hoisted the tank by the regulator first stage and broke the torque to the DIN assembly. It would make a funny scro-ing noise sometimes. Afterwards the noise was gone. Also, the sintered filer cone was stuck so I used my trusty Swiss Army knife wine corkscrew to urge it out of the assembly. Regulators should be fully maintainable with a Swiss Army knife, just saying.

Maybe just use the A clamp :poke:instead.

Well, then there might be something to spring vibration in the DIN bolt after all, @Nemrod! Cool that you fixed it by tensioning the spring more. Good move.

The spring I was thinking of in the Mk25 was the o-ring stack retaining spring in the body, because the tank gas comes right at it as gas flows into the body. Maybe both springs are risk elements for that screech.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom