Question Can I expect big differences moving from Scubapro to Atomic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miss conception of the century, probably.

Arabs were living in the desert so they didn’t have the soil to grow wheat to make them able to produce flour or they had no access coffee plants or anything like that.

They are fisherman and their cuisine was heavily relying on that.

Even grilled items or other dishes (so called kebabs and mezes) heavily associated with them simply products of Levantine/eastern Mediterranean (Lebanon, Syria etc.) cuisine.

Coffee has been discovered by Ottomans, first coffee shop in the world opened 1555 at Istanbul, even though Europeans has became aware of the coffee at the tents of retreating Ottoman soldiers after attempts of capturing Vienna.

Little travel or little reading may help. 😉

Don't confuse them with the facts for haters will always go out of their way to find reasons to continue the hate.

Wow. This is seriously off-subject!

Arabs were living in the desert so they didn’t have the soil to grow wheat to make them able to produce flour or they had no access coffee plants or anything like that.

They are fisherman and their cuisine was heavily relying on that.

Even grilled items or other dishes (so called kebabs and mezes) heavily associated with them simply products of Levantine/eastern Mediterranean (Lebanon, Syria etc.) cuisine.

Coffee has been discovered by Ottomans, first coffee shop in the world opened 1555 at Istanbul, even though Europeans has became aware of the coffee at the tents of retreating Ottoman soldiers after attempts of capturing Vienna.

Little travel or little reading may help. 😉
I saw some of those captured tents when I was in Poland.

In connection with the topic, isn't which SP regulator is being compared an issue? I find my SP d400 and d350 better breathers than the two Atomics I've tried, especially when upside down or on my back examining the roof of an overhang.

Arabic coffee is ingrained within Middle Eastern and Arab culture and tradition, and is the most popular form of coffee brewed in the Middle East. It originated in the Middle East, beginning in Yemen and eventually travelling to Mecca (Hejaz), Egypt, the Levant, and then, in the mid-16th century, to Turkey and from there to Europe where Coffee eventually became popular as well.[2] Arabic coffee is an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Arab states confirmed by UNESCO.[3]

The History of Coffee

No one knows exactly how or when coffee was discovered, though there are many legends about its origin.

An Ethiopian Legend

Coffee grown worldwide can trace its heritage back centuries to the ancient coffee forests on the Ethiopian plateau. There, legend says the goat herder Kaldi first discovered the potential of these beloved beans.

The story goes that that Kaldi discovered coffee after he noticed that after eating the berries from a certain tree, his goats became so energetic that they did not want to sleep at night.

Kaldi reported his findings to the abbot of the local monastery, who made a drink with the berries and found that it kept him alert through the long hours of evening prayer. The abbot shared his discovery with the other monks at the monastery, and knowledge of the energizing berries began to spread.

As word moved east and coffee reached the Arabian peninsula, it began a journey which would bring these beans across the globe.

The Arabian Peninsula

Coffee cultivation and trade began on the Arabian Peninsula. By the 15th century, coffee was being grown in the Yemeni district of Arabia and by the 16th century it was known in Persia, Egypt, Syria, and Turkey.

Coffee was not only enjoyed in homes, but also in the many public coffee houses — called qahveh khaneh — which began to appear in cities across the Near East. The popularity of the coffee houses was unequaled and people frequented them for all kinds of social activity.

Not only did the patrons drink coffee and engage in conversation, but they also listened to music, watched performers, played chess and kept current on the news. Coffee houses quickly became such an important center for the exchange of information that they were often referred to as “Schools of the Wise.”

With thousands of pilgrims visiting the holy city of Mecca each year from all over the world, knowledge of this “wine of Araby” began to spread.

Especially the last few sips
meh. Not VASTLY different. My goddaughter's family is from the West Bank (Catholic Arabs). I don't consider adding a bit of spice to their coffee to make it all that different. It is boiled coffee grounds.

I find my SP d400 and d350 better breathers than the two Atomics I've tried, especially when upside down or on my back examining the roof of an overhang.
That's the one position in which NO standard barrel design regulator can outperform the D350/400.
With a coaxial diaphragm and exhaust valve, there is zero case geometry fault for the D when on your back. The only thing you have to overcome is a modest 0.6-0.8" of cracking effort.
In contrast, all barrel designs (when lying on your back), have to overcome the fact that the top of the diaphragm is perhaps 1.5 inches higher than the top edge of the exhaust valve. Not only do you have to suck case pressure back to zero, but once you get to zero, you have to keep sucking the additional 1.1" of cracking effort to even open the valve.
They suck (when on your back).

But even not being a fanboi for the latest and greatest, the newest standard shapes (Atomic, SP S620Ti, C370) are still pretty awesome when it comes to exhalation work of breathing. The old D just can't keep up. And the new D, which can, unfortunately lost the coaxial exhaust valve, so it sucks on its back, too!

And it's not like you can just go out and buy a d350 or d400 at your local dive shop. And most likely you can't get them serviced there, either. Even if they could scrounge up the parts.

But for me the Atomic is a pretty good second best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom