Question Can I expect big differences moving from Scubapro to Atomic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing, nothing outbreathes an older D series Scubapro second stage (except their limited production predecessors) , the only stage in modern regulators that really matters much in connection with breathing ease. Atomics breath very nicely, but if you are upside down or face up examining the ceiling of a cave they run a poor second to a D400 or D350. I have one of each; they are indistinguishable in the water, and come the closest to effortless natural breathing, more than anything else I've tried, including a couple of Atomics. I don't think the new D reg has the same positional stability, but I have no experience with it.
This is very true. The Atomics are dry and easy breathing, and are pretty good at all underwater convolutions, but my d400 is amazing.

Now now, gentlemen!
Yeah. Get a room.

As to the OP's question...the operative term is "big difference." I think it has been determined the answer is no. Please spend your money on diving or gear that you do need.

Uh, oh! I sold my A700...
:rofl3:
Of all my SP regs, I liked that one the least. Also sold mine.

Why specifically?
That A700 hated me from day one. I never enjoyed breathing on it. I spent too much time trying to make it like me. Never succeeded. Guess I just like my G260s and B2s more.

That A700 hated me from day one. I never enjoyed breathing on it. I spent too much time trying to make it like me. Never succeeded. Guess I just like my G260s and B2s more.
Who serviced it? Same person as your other regs?

Edit: I could only find one local shop (Octopus Gardens in Port Townsend) that serviced my ScubaPro regs correctly.

Did the diaphragm vibrate at depth when breathing air? Did you ever use Trimix with the A700?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom