camping on the shore in South East FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kev7

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I wanted to find out if anyone knew of some areas in or around the Miami area to camp on the Beach and also near some good diving spots? THANKS!!

If you ever find a place, let me know. I have been looking for a place to camp on the beach and dive. Good luck.

Head a little south and camp in the keys. Pennecamp puts you near the water, and Bahia Honda has its Sandspur area where you're literally on the beach.

jpedwards:
Head a little south and camp in the keys. Pennecamp puts you near the water, and Bahia Honda has its Sandspur area where you're literally on the beach.

Alright , i'll check that out THANKS!

Long Key State Rec area ... search for it.

Anywhere in the keys, wait for the non-buggy season.

DennisS:
If you're looking for more get away from it all camping, there's elliot key, the boat will drop you off. Don't even think about it in the summer, the mosquitos and no see-ums will drive you crazy.

Now your saying you have been diving at these areas too, off the shore, ?

Kev7:
I wanted to find out if anyone knew of some areas in or around the Miami area to camp on the Beach and also near some good diving spots? THANKS!!

I've taken my boat, camped out there and used it as a base. It's near a lot of great diving spots. If you want to shore dive, I'd recommend snorkeling, due to the logisitics of getting tanks out there. Martin Meylach has a book, "Diving to a flash of gold". There might be a spot or two that would interest you for shore snorkeling.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom